Fox What is the hardest part you ever had to track down?

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a junkyard run to me. It's probably the same bolt on all early airbag fords.

Reactions: 1 users
Link?

Yeah, I've had bouts of trying hard. I even bought black jack with the intent of swapping the interior over, but my car ended up spending over a year at a shop, which will never happen again, and I never could swap it. Didn't lose a dollar on black jack and had a lot of fun with it, though.

We need a place, other than the sales ads, for obscure little parts that another member may have, or need. I have two parts cars and some stupid stuff I just can't seem to give away. I'm sure there are others here with stuff stashed too.
maybe not.
definitely not stupid stuff like me.

No we don't.

I don't mind threads in the discussion forums about helping folks to find things on the market that are hard to find. What I don't want to see is parts sales, or trades in discussion forums. The next thing you know, there will be a thousand folks in here with a thousand threads wanting this or that or trade threads and the like: No, Nope, and Nuh-Uh (Read the Terms of Service). I've no desire whatsoever to end up looking like a bookface page.

A compromise might be to create a "Trade only Forum" in the classifieds section and post a sticky at the top of Talk section containing the link.

If I sign off on that and pitch it to MRaburn, it will be because one of you moderators volunteered to get it up and running and manage it.

Now, I turn a blind eye (and you all know this that have been here a while) when someone is looking for a part in discussion and gets a response like, "Hey, I have one of those, send me a Private Message). I've no issues when that happens and understand it perfectly.

I do like this thread topic though... There are parts that are def becoming difficult to acquire even on our beloved and over-produced Fox Bodies.

A9Ls (and A9P for that matter) are becoming rare. Those of you that are sitting on these things broken or not, should send them in for service and put them back into circulation. Even if you don't want to deal with a bad one, put them in the classifieds section for sale. They [always] sell; Working or not! I sold a good one and a bad one years apart for nearly the same money. :shrug:

Reactions: 2 users
Link?

Yeah, I've had bouts of trying hard. I even bought black jack with the intent of swapping the interior over, but my car ended up spending over a year at a shop, which will never happen again, and I never could swap it. Didn't lose a dollar on black jack and had a lot of fun with it, though.

Looks like $2k for the entire car. However tilt column and 87-89 hvac lead me to believer it's a painted interior

IMG_3477.PNG

IMG_3478.JPG

Last edited:
No we don't.

I don't mind threads in the discussion forums about helping folks to find things on the market that are hard to find. What I don't want to see is parts sales, or trades in discussion forums. The next thing you know, there will be a thousand folks in here with a thousand threads wanting this or that or trade threads and the like: No, Nope, and Nuh-Uh (Read the Terms of Service). I've no desire whatsoever to end up looking like a bookface page.

A compromise might be to create a "Trade only Forum" in the classifieds section and post a sticky at the top of Talk section containing the link.

If I sign off on that and pitch it to MRaburn, it will be because one of you moderators volunteered to get it up and running and manage it.

Now, I turn a blind eye (and you all know this that have been here a while) when someone is looking for a part in discussion and gets a response like, "Hey, I have one of those, send me a Private Message). I've no issues when that happens and understand it perfectly.

I do like this thread topic though... There are parts that are def becoming difficult to acquire even on our beloved and over-produced Fox Bodies.

A9Ls (and A9P for that matter) are becoming rare. Those of you that are sitting on these things broken or not, should send them in for service and put them back into circulation. Even if you don't want to deal with a bad one, put them in the classifieds section for sale. They [always] sell; Working or not! I sold a good one and a bad one years apart for nearly the same money. :shrug:

I'm also not opposed to creating moderators from experienced forum members interested in managing the project.

Reactions: 1 user
Speaking of which... LoL

The other day I was looking for that DCC Controller? I came across this:

20190319_192658-jpg.jpg

The 4-bank switch chip I have in the 86 may come out :O_o:.

I like those, but they still fetch a big price used. I really think they ought to come down in price with all the other options out there. Is that a series 4? If you want to part with it reasonably, send me a PM, lol.

Joe

@Mustang5L5,

Thanks, Mike. I'm going to pass on this one. I agree that it's either a painted interior, or one that's been swapped in. The latter is no big deal, but another problem is that my cars are 90+ (or was it 91?) interiors. I think the seat belt locations are different. Things are too easy to hide in pics, and I can't get to it from this end of the country. Plus, shipping makes it practically prohibitive to look nation-wide for an interior, too.

You know, I think the best way to get a black interior is to buy the car. When we start talking $2k, something tells me I can get a nice $6-8k car with a primo interior, swap in my :poo:ty grey interior, and take less than a $2k hit flipping the car. Maybe none at all if I clean it up with fresh carpet, painted panels, etc...

Just the upper front seat belt mount differs on the 90-93 cars. Easy to solve, but bigger issue is only 1990 black seat belts bolt into an 87-89 car. 91-93 is a different retraction box design