what kind of hood should I get ??

• Sponsors (?)

SPEED FREAK said:
I made mine fit under the stock hood :cool: with a 351w with efi.

that was hillariously awesome.
But seriously, I think you'd be ill-advised to do it the SPEED FREAK way: using the sawz-all to just free-cut a hole that you thought would be about the size of the scoop :rlaugh: with me and (i think) Chris holding it steady against the vibrations

mounted said:
ive got a token 4 inche fiberglass first 300.oo takes it ,its black.

I would go for that, dont cheap out and ghetto-ize your stang.
I have a Token 4 inch fiberglass cowl hood, and its a great piece. Nice fit and finish. And your not going to find it anywhere for cheaper than that.

itsgreat2bme said:
that was hillariously awesome.
But seriously, I think you'd be ill-advised to do it the SPEED FREAK way: using the sawz-all to just free-cut a hole that you thought would be about the size of the scoop :rlaugh: with me and (i think) Chris holding it steady against the vibrations

Did it or did it not turn out near perfect? and look factory to boot? Thats what I thought :p . I think a little bit of vibration damage to your cranium was worth saving me 400 bux heh heh heh. Besides the only thing that didnt clear without the big hole was the one screw that held down the tps sensor, everything else cleared well.

Here we go, I free handed the whole thing but I thought it turned out great. 20 bux vs. 400 - 500 sounds good to me. Beides if you mess up a mustang hood there are a thousand more waiting for you at the scrap yard. I would have preffered fibreglass myself but.... I thought I should probably put that money towards tuition instead.

Attachments

• hoodmod.JPG
    hoodmod.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 91
  • hoodmod2.JPG
    hoodmod2.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 91
I was just trying to get across that other people shouldn't try your "style" of getting things to work. Just because you fluke out somehow, doesn't mean that others will :p Everything you do should have a disclaimer that says "don't try this at home, stunt was performed by a professional Kevin on a closed course" :D

SPEED FREAK said:
LOL is it really that bad that no one else cares to comment... :shrug: come on it cost me a big bad 20 bux. And once I paint the car all one color it will look even better... I hope.
. . . but if you are giong to Vancouver like you said in the other thread, you'll be selling the beast so all that work and that "martin-izing" will all be for nothing! :nonono:

. . . off topic, I type pretty good for a drunk chick :D Sarah need sleep now, nighty night for Sarah, if I can make it up the stairs, cuz I can't feel my feet :rlaugh:

itsgreat2bme said:
. . . but if you are giong to Vancouver like you said in the other thread, you'll be selling the beast so all that work and that "martin-izing" will all be for nothing! :nonono:

. . . off topic, I type pretty good for a drunk chick :D Sarah need sleep now, nighty night for Sarah, if I can make it up the stairs, cuz I can't feel my feet :rlaugh:

Well drink your usual 3 gallons of milk in the morning and you'll feel fine.