What kind of oil to use?

lvmustanggt

Apr 9, 2006
Las Vegas
My on3performance single turbo with master power T70 is up and running but I am still using motorcraft 5w20 oil. Running 8.22 psi and now with exhaust leak fixed it pulling 9 psi I think.

I will still use motorcraft oil filter as it's cheep and good but need to know what oil and weight to go with. I used to use mobil 1 5w20 but it got expensive so I now use motorcraft 5w20.

Should I go with little more heaver weight ? Hotmustang331 what kind of oil did you use in your twin turbo stang when you had is running ?

Remember I live in vegas so it's hot all the time, no snow or freezing cold here.
Here is my youturbo channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/lovetorace

• Sponsors (?)

Curious about the answers you'll get. I've got a KB on mine and am currently running 5W40 synth but I'm thinking of moving back to 5W30 Mobil 1.

I believe Hyland uses 5W30 in all of his motors including some big-power makers.

Curious about the answers you'll get. I've got a KB on mine and am currently running 5W40 synth but I'm thinking of moving back to 5W30 Mobil 1.

I believe Hyland uses 5W30 in all of his motors including some big-power makers.

We got almost same setup , only different is I made 424rwhp and 454torque at only 8.22 psi :) , now exhaust leak is fix and looks like it's pulling 9psi. Turbo FTMFW:nice:

We got almost same setup , only different is I made 424rwhp and 454torque at only 8.22 psi :) , now exhaust leak is fix and looks like it's pulling 9psi. Turbo FTMFW:nice:

Yeah, you've got some sweet numbers there.

Mine suffered from a couple of issues during the dyno session (since fixed, but not re-dyno'd). The plug gaps were set at 0.054" which was discovered because I got a misfire MIL. I'm sure that wasn't helping at the top-end on the dyno. Second, the shop that did the install mis-plumbed the PCV system giving a pretty large vacuum leak. I'd expect the numbers would be closer to 400 with the fix on the 9psi pulley.

Still not 424 but that's the difference between a p/d blower and turbo I guess. I don't know how much it's giving up just driving the blower at high RPM but that's a loss you don't have.

BTW, you're still on the stock shortblock I guess. Feel safe at that HP?

Yeah, you've got some sweet numbers there.

Mine suffered from a couple of issues during the dyno session (since fixed, but not re-dyno'd). The plug gaps were set at 0.054" which was discovered because I got a misfire MIL. I'm sure that wasn't helping at the top-end on the dyno. Second, the shop that did the install mis-plumbed the PCV system giving a pretty large vacuum leak. I'd expect the numbers would be closer to 400 with the fix on the 9psi pulley.

Still not 424 but that's the difference between a p/d blower and turbo I guess. I don't know how much it's giving up just driving the blower at high RPM but that's a loss you don't have.

BTW, you're still on the stock shortblock I guess. Feel safe at that HP?

Thank you and yeah stock block for now as I don't have 4k to get new forged engine maybe next tax return I might get forged MMR 900 block. Your plugs are gap too high I think, mine is at .30 and it's NGK TR6.

When I did my 1st dyno it only pulled 5.5 psi with 6 psi springs so I knew I have exhaust leaks, fix some but still there at 2nd dyno tune and made 8.22 out of 9psi springs.

I found out that it was leaking around vband so I re-did my hot pipe and now I don't have exhaust leak( I hope) My boost gauge shows 9 psi .

I made 424 at 8.22 psi and now at 9 it might be close to 439 so i am little worried right now. I have different 8 psi springs that I might try after I talk with my tuner. My tuner said it should be ok 430rwhp on stock block with good tune, of cource you supercharger puts more stress on block then turbo. I think 400rwhp is sweet spot.

Here is my dyno sheet

View attachment 255404