What Kind Of Synthetic Oil Does Everybody Use?

• Sponsors (?)

Amsoil the only way to go

I use amsoil in everything. Its the only way to go. I had a beater car a while ago and its entire life it was run on the normal stuff then once I drove it for awhile and got the feel for it, I put amsoil in it and it was a night and day difference.

I use amsoil in everything. Its the only way to go. I had a beater car a while ago and its entire life it was run on the normal stuff then once I drove it for awhile and got the feel for it, I put amsoil in it and it was a night and day difference.

No oil will give you noticeable horsepower gains, only added protection. A switch from dino oil 5w30 to full synthetic mobil or amsoil will only net you 2-5hp if your lucky...defiantly not enough to feel.

I run Mobil 1 5w20 with a Mobil 1 filter in my '04, but I have some valve noise at startup lately, which I'd like to see disappear.. probably will switch soon, but don't know to what.

From what I have read the valve noise is due to the anti-drain-back valve being in a different place in the Ford filter compared to after market filters. Either the head or the base, I forget which one is where.

Try a Motorcraft filter and see if it goes away.

02 roush 5w30 amsoil high performance
98 contour gets 0w20 amsoil ( replaces motorcraft 5w20)

my brother had just built a 306 for his 90 hatch we put the amsoil 5w30 high performance oil in it for its first oil change. when we start it up we notice a real bad racket coming from the driveside valve train he thought it was the lifters rattling on the new valve cover. well after the first 100 miles it didnt go away he decided something may be wrong (what a dumb a**) he starts to inspect whats wrong. come to find out he didnt have any oil pressure. we put the oil pump drive stick in the pump to fix the problem that he forgot to put in, and a new set of rockers and with 6,000 miles on it, it still purs.

so in short the oil saved the rockers on the side with the oil fill and the whole lower half of the engine for 100 miles with zero oil pressure.

after that i swore to never run another oil as long as its made.

my work also sells it so thats a big plus to me also. 5.25 a qrt:nice:

I usually run Mobile 1 5-30.

This last change I used Mobile 1 5-20 and I have what sounds like some nasty valve train noise at part throttle.. I'm going to drain it and put 5-30 back in to see if it quiets down..

I usually have the shop put whatever 5-30 and whatever filter in my DD focus. Ever since I bought it there was some nasty valve train noise on startup which I thought was normal. This last oil change I did myself, I used Motocraft 5W-20 and a mobile 1 filter.. The startup noise has completely disappeared.. I mean the engine runs perfectly smooth at startup..

And you know what they say about Amsoil..

"Amsoil... It's not an oil, it's a religion!!" :p

Riley

Mobil 1 10W30 synthetic and a Mobil 1 M1-210 synthetic filter in both my Terminator and my son's '05 V6.

I think one of the major reasons I feel that Mobil 1 is one of the best oils out there is its current track record as a factory fill for many high performance and luxury vehicles. How many cars come from the factory with Royal Purple in them? How many race teams use Royal Purple in their cars? Few if any...

The following cars also come from the FACTORY with Mobil 1 in their engines:

Bentley Amage & Continental GT Coupe
Cadillac CTS, XLR, SRX and STS
Pontiac GTO
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
All Mercedes-Benz AMG's
All Porsches
Dodge Viper
Ford Mustang Cobra R
All Aston Martin cars
All Corvette ZO6's.

If it's good enough for these cars it's good enough for my low mileage, barely driven, garage queen Cobra!

U.M.