timintex

Feb 15, 2007
Got my longtubes installed Sunday. Sound great! So far Ive got

LT Headers with Off Road X pipe
Bassani Axle back
Tuneable Inductions Intake
93 Octane Dyno tune from houston

291rwhp/310 before headers and x pipe.

I was wondering what mod to do next? I got a great deal on the LT install. Traded the guy an old laptop I had laying around!

I was thinking suspension and or tires because my traction is gone first thru second.

I got the stock 18 polished 8.5 wides with 235 yokohamas all the way around. Should I upgrade tires/rims and sell mine? The tires are practicly brand new with warranty from discount.

Or is there some suspension mods
I can start out on for now that will make a difference? Ive searched but find mixed results. Im trying to do it budget friendly. On my 01 I had tockicko shocks/struts and it was lowered 1.5. Nightmare cats kept scraping and the ride was stiff. I'm looking for an upgrade from stock in RIDE QUALITY and handling but not riding on a roller coaster for drag sitffness.

I wanna spend $300-500 on suspension or if its tires you think I need to sell mine or see how much I can get for mine before I can upgrade. I want a rim that can do big brakes and I read the bullits from AM cant. I will eventually do brakes.

Thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

The Eibach Pro-Kit gives a nice stance and maintains a good ride quality. I also didn't have any clearance issues with it until I added the chin spoiler.

If you're going for performance, I'd definitely hit the suspension and tires next. Lower control arms with poly bushings will get rid of your wheel hop. Nitto 555's or BFG KDW2's will give you great street traction while maintaining wet surface traction. Adjustable panhard bar and lower control arm relocation brackets if you're going to lower it more than an inch. Sway bars, etc... I would go in that order.

As far as wheels, if you like them, keep them. Just pick up different tires. But if you want something different, go for it. Get the right offset to bring them out to the edge of the wheel well and it really sets the car off.

Good information... I was looking for something like that. An order of how to do the suspension. Ahh what happened to my signature. I cant seem to find it on here anymore and cant find where to edit it! noo

The mod bug has bitten me :)

WHats the best bang for buck kit?

I read somewhere gt500 shock struts with steeda ultra lites is good.

I am trying to improve ride quality AND at a little more performance. It's a dd not an auto cross machine. I don't eve do that stuff. Improving ride quality is 1st and performance second if there is such a thing. I would also like a slight drop.

ANy reccomendations?:flag:

There aren't many suspension kits that focus on making the ride smoother, they are designed for performance. The GT500 suspension is designed for a lot more weight in the front end from the Shelby's iron block and supercharger, so probably wouldn't be the best option for a GT. Lowering the car will also make the ride stiffer. I have the Roush stage 2 suspension and it made a huge difference in how the car handled without being too harsh. I would not say it made the ride smoother, but it did keep the car from floating around so much over bumps. It costs more than $500 but I think is a more cost effective mod than a big brake kit. About the cheapest brake kit is the GT500 kit for $1300, with some going for around $900 on ebay.

Well its just any time I hit a bad piece of road my car is all super bumpy and all over the place. My friends 5 series beamer handles great AND Rides great... I know thats kinda apples/oranges but theres no kinda upgrade from stock like that..?

Also Which of the rims support a big brake kit?

I was gona go the black deep dish bullits from AM but they dont. Do black chrome fr500s?

For tire choices, most summer performance tires have a relatively stiff sidewall for handling, but the tire I had before my Dunlops, the Nitto INVO is known for having a relatively soft sidewall for a little better ride quality. The wider you go with wheels, the worse the ride gets because the unsprung weight makes the suspension slower to respond. Obviously stay away from 20" wheels if ride quality is a concern. If the car feels like it kinda wallows around after bumps, then a stiffer suspension would probably help. You will feel the small bumps a little more, but the large ones will upset the car less.