What next? 2008 GT Project

Hi, Which SCT Tuner do you have, SF3/X3, SF4/X4, RevX, ItSX ?
No problem. I’ll list the options...
1) BAMA’s “Tunes for Life” through A.M., It’ll cost you about 150$ once to buy in. Long as you own the Car, they’ll custom Tune an unlimited amount of times for every Bolt-on you add, new tunes in 36hr’s. Ask them before you buy something if they support it. “HotRod” & “Mutha Thumpr” Cam’s, Intake, LT Headers, Intake i’d listed they do Tune for.
2) Buy a few Tunes at a time for around $75, Datalogging not included.
3) The SCT Tuners (& Most others) come with “canned” tunes pre-installed (really generalized tunes for HP gains for your GT) and can be tweaked fairly easy for Gears, Timing, Fuel, rev limiter reset, Auto Tranny shift points, firmness, etc. Beyond that, you’re Largely limited. You can do nothing for items like L.T. Headers, Cam’s, etc..Shop that did your Gears may have compensated for them and installed a canned tune. Though some do, many CAI’s don’t REQUIRE a Tune to run right.
4) Then there’s SCT’s software (‘Derive’). This allows you to do pretty much unlimited Tuning changes with any SCT Tuner, or Vehicle. Costs about 500$ for the Computer
Software, and $$ for each Tuner you apply it to. Only makes sense if you have a Business.

So- There they are. #1 is the most Cost effective, most go that direction, it works very well.

- The Tuner is “married” to your Car by VIN# to Tuner ID# once it’s used. Just have that info. ready if you want “Tunes for Life”.
Call BAMA. They’ll answer any other questions you may have, if any.
BAMA: 888-257-1770

Hope that helps!
-John

• Sponsors (?)

Great info on the Tuner. Do you have any experience with Drag Radials? I'm going to put a set on. The car came with P235 / 55ZR / 17 Im trying to find out what the largest Drag Radial I can put on the stock rims.

Hi,
Having an issue with hooking up?
Many dynamics to the question..As we both own 08’s, I’ll tell you what worked for mine with a few bolt-on’s. I ran Continental extreme contact 235’s on the 8” wide OE rims, swapped for lighter coils, dropped it an inch in the rear, added adjustable Shocks & it ran excellent.
You should address both, but those tires alone really made a huge difference. Wider isn’t always better, wider may lose you traction in some cases. Has to be dialed in.
Buying 2- 10”, 10.5” Rims & getting some sticky tires is another option that many solid axles car owners select, including me- I bought a full staggered set, on Welds.
The conundrum is that the best strip tires make the worst street tires. One trip down the highway in the rain- you’ll understand!lol.
Soo..with all the options, take a peek at this solid info. on tires, composition, size, etc. It’ll give you answers & help you make decisions.
https://www.americanmuscle.com/wheel-tech-guide.html
Then jump on AM & read the reviews and see what buyers thought. There’s some good tires out there, use the people’s input that spent $$ on them to your advantage.
Good/Bad-They won’t hold back their thoughts, lol!
P.S.: Nitto extreme performance NT05R 275/40/17’s will squeak on/in the OE 8” wide rims & fit the wells. NOT safe! But has been done. Answering your question directly, that’s the.largest I’ve seen. (looked...dangerously wrong !!). lol!
Good luck!!
-John