What other suspension options should i look at?

SilverBullet00

Jul 5, 2004
Wichita, KS
Currently I have FRPP C spring, mach 1 shocks/struts, and subframe connectors. I like the stiff feeling I had with this combo at first, but now it seems to have worn off :shrug: . My problem Is that I hit my longtubes and H pipe on uneven pavement and speed bumps if I dont ABSOLUTELY crawl over them, My suspension just flex's too much! When I go over things at an angle it seems to make it worse as well.

Should I go with adjustable shocks? stiffer springs? sway bars? Id really like to stiff'n her up pretty good, but also keep it comfortable for she is my daily driver.

• Sponsors (?)

It took me and a friend 16 hours to put on my headers. I spent 15 hours worth or time trying to fix all the leaks. I took the car to the exhaust shop to get it look at and they used air tools wich sucked the two flanges on one side of the h pipe too tightly together and took one of the flanges off the pipe. After I left there was a huge leak, so I went home and looked at it and saw what had happend. So I pounded the flange back on and it works. I have had a lot of problems with my h pipe and catback, it either rubs on the body, leaks, or hangs too low..... I would get it all welded together but I want the ability to remove it if I need to get to the tranny.....

SO to make a long story short, I want to stiffin up the car.... Wish I would have just used tockico 5 ways in the first place :(

I switched from bullitt tokicos to bilstein.. much better dampening and well worth the money with a lifetime warranty. As far as height do you want to raise the car a little or what? Stiffer springs that don't go too low include Steeda Competition and H&R Race.. significantly stiffer rates in front than "C" springs, bullitt springs, and Eibach prokit

wade

How much of a drop did you get when you changed out the springs? Is it possible that the amount of drop, along with how the exhaust hangs under the car could be causing this, rather than chassis flex? Consider this, you tied everything together on the x-axis (front to back) with the subs, but left the y-axis (side to side) vulnerable to twist. Try adding front strut brace and rear shock tower brace. Should be stiffer than sway bars alone. As to making a suspension stiff and comfortable, that depends on your comfort meter (butt and teeth) will stand.