What should I do next???

Rickyll7

Dec 16, 2005
I was thinking about what to next with the car...
So, I thought I would ask you all.

I was thinking suspension, but I know nothing about suspension, not even where to start. What do you all think?

I am definetely going to go for a T-56 very soon, what gears are good for this, I know the ratios are different in the T-56 than they are in my T-45.

What about brakes? I have some 17" cobra r replicas coming soon. Should I go for some big brakes?

Check out my sig to see if anything might especialy complement my curent setup.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

blackfang said:
Yeah but the right components will make his ET's quicker. A good set of LCA's, SFC's springs and a strut/shock combo will do wonders on a car.

Exactly, not all suspension parts are exclusivley corner carving parts. take a look at steeda's drag pak's. they are a bit pricey so I would buy thier parts, but they will give you a good idea of th components your looking for. I know of a guy with an almost stock engine, alot of suspension and weight reduction and he is running 12.8's. Suspension helps tons!

Well 1st off, if you're going to lower the car, in addition to lowering springs i highly recommend you get Cast and Camber plates and Steeda X2 Ball joints. You will need the C/C plates to help get a good alignment and the X2 ball joints are shorter than the stock ball joints. My stock ball joints broke open (the protective boot) and now they squeek sometimes. This isa common problem due to the increased angle on the ball joints from lowering them and then driving. So i would highly recommend the X2s...i am yet to get them myself =(

Also if you want to go all out race style suspension, let me get you a link to a good site... hang on...

Here is the site: http://www.griggsracing.com/gr40comp.html

This is their suspension page. They make some good stuff

Is it possible to increase ET's with out hurting your ability to carve corners? If so, what parts to buy. My biggest question is how do these parts work, how will they help or hurt certain aspects of driving. Note, this is my D/D.
Example, how do control arms change the car for better or for worse when considering all aspects of driving, D/D, DRAG, CORNERING...

your 1st post...i would recommend a 13" cobra brake conversion kit. New calipers, pads and power slotted rotors (stay away from that cross drilled crap), all of which are sold in kits by STEEDA and mustang tuning (among other places) for around $400-$500. The install can be easily done yourself.

You can even upgrade to 14" Brembos if you want, but thats like $2,000 then for that set-up, but worth every penny =)

QDRHRSE said:
Problem solved....buy a blower. I would put a blower on my lawn mower if they made one.

They do make a blower for a lawnmower. It is a smog pump. We took one from an 81 chevy and hooked it up to a briggs. KICKED ARSE!!! we kept playing with the pulley size until we finally trashed the poor little motor :lol:

It does work though.. found it by a search on google. Makes one helluva go-kart

Rickyll7 said:
Is it possible to increase ET's with out hurting your ability to carve corners? If so, what parts to buy. My biggest question is how do these parts work, how will they help or hurt certain aspects of driving. Note, this is my D/D.
Example, how do control arms change the car for better or for worse when considering all aspects of driving, D/D, DRAG, CORNERING...

Start by reading this general suspension article. Then ask specific questions about what you don't understand/want to learn more about - this will get you better responses.