What should I get...LCA's, MM FL SFC's, or X-pipe?

elite130

Dec 7, 2005
Denver, CO
Hey all. I have enough money right now to either buy Maximum Motorsports LCA's, Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors, or a Off-road X-pipe. Which should I get??? Keep in mind, I have springs, Bilstein shocks/struts, and Maximum Motorsports CC plates that I will be installing in a month or so.

• Sponsors (?)

4u2nv said:
What are your goals? Are you going to continue the corner carver setup?

Do you want to gain some HP and sound via the midpipe?

You have a good start on suspension, so I would keep going that route for now. :)

I'm still working on the suspension and would really like to (and I know I should) do the suspension all at once (i.e. install LCA's while installing springs and shocks). But then again, I wasn't sure if I should get the Subframe Connectors first over the LCA's. OR forget the suspension for a while and go for the x-pipe.:shrug: Too many wanted parts...soooooo little money.

elite130 said:
I'm still working on the suspension and would really like to (and I know I should) do the suspension all at once (i.e. install LCA's while installing springs and shocks). But then again, I wasn't sure if I should get the Subframe Connectors first over the LCA's. OR forget the suspension for a while and go for the x-pipe.:shrug: Too many wanted parts...soooooo little money.

While most will say to go for the pipe, I favor corner carving and would finish your suspension up before swapping the mid pipe out. You mentioned you have yet to install your springs--I would wait to swap the mid pipe out until afterward, to avoid potential clearance issues (some hang quite low).

IMO, I would do SFC's, then LCA's. But, I'm not sure you are going for a drag setup or track setup. LCA's will help in the wheel hop department and SFC's will give you some excellent rigidity in the twisties. Both are great suspension upgrades.

I hear you loud and clear. I have a long list of parts I'm going to get after my baby is warranty-exempt. ;)

4u2nv said:
While most will say to go for the pipe, I favor corner carving and would finish your suspension up before swapping the mid pipe out. You mentioned you have yet to install your springs--I would wait to swap the mid pipe out until afterward, to avoid potential clearance issues (some hang quite low).

IMO, I would do SFC's, then LCA's. But, I'm not sure you are going for a drag setup or track setup. LCA's will help in the wheel hop department and SFC's will give you some excellent rigidity in the twisties. Both are great suspension upgrades.

This is purely a corner carver, I won't be doing any drag racing. I am really stuck between the suspension and the sound. I've been thinking...Since I dont NEED a mid-pipe, and the suspension is of more importance to me than the sound, what I will probably do is get the LCA's now, install the suspension stuff and save money over the next month or two and get the SFC's. That should be all the suspension stuff that I'm going to do (maybe a panhard bar in the far future). After that, I will save up the money and probably get the Magnaflow Catted X-pipe in the fall. But, if you haven't noticed, I change my mind a lot. Thank you to all of you for your input!

if you want sound go for the x-pipe.

I would do the LCA before the subframes I think. I think the rear axle shift is worse than the body flex on these cars.

the x-pipe and LCA's install easier than the subs as well. I did my subs and LCA at the same time though so i don't know which helped more but the car drove night and day different after that.

I would go with the X-pipe, but I remember on my last mustang, I bought different parts at different times and pieced it all together. Between the springs, shocks, isolators, and LCA's, I had the rear-end apart at least 4 times (not including the axle swap). I'm trying to avoid doing things multiple times. I'd rather wait untill I get all the parts together and put it in all at the same time.