What should I set my timing at

stevesLX

Nov 12, 2006
cincinnati
I run 14 degrees timing N/A. I am going to run a 100 shot and I am trying to find out if I am safe to run it at 14 degrees initial or not. I have been told yes and I have been told no. Not sure what to do. I perfer to run it at 14 degrees but I perfer not to screw anything up also. The car runs pretty good at 14 degrees N/A. I will be using the nitrous on the street from time to time and hate to have to constantly mess with my timing just to use the nitrous. I know I can get a chip and with a flip of a switch my timing can be retarded or advanced but I dont have the money for that right now. So any help here would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

Back it down to 10* or 11* for a 100 shot.

However, let me be the first to tell you to NOT spray on the street. Nitrous is for racing only, and racing should be done at the track, ONLY.

Back it down to 10* or 11* for a 100 shot.

However, let me be the first to tell you to NOT spray on the street. Nitrous is for racing only, and racing should be done at the track, ONLY.

14 may be a bit high. i have run 12 with a dry 125 shot with no pinging. the thing is that you may not hear it ping or go lean. best bet is to put at stock 10 or 11 and leave a good window for the spray.good luck.