What should it run in the 1/4?

A5literMan

At least it is lumpy...
5 Year Member
Jul 30, 2011
Illinois
86 GT with a 89mas engine. No a/c, 70mm mas and th. body., Prof. products intake, match ported stock heads,e303 cam,pulleys,headers,hpipe,flowmasters..373s,MM subframe connectors,controll arms,torqueboxes,eibach springs,struts and shocks,nitto drag radials. Going to track in april. Hoping for mid-low 13's and adding zex 125hp kit also this summer and dipping into high11's???

• Sponsors (?)

86 GT with a 89mas engine. No a/c, 70mm mas and th. body., Prof. products intake, match ported stock heads,e303 cam,pulleys,headers,hpipe,flowmasters..373s,MM subframe connectors,controll arms,torqueboxes,eibach springs,struts and shocks,nitto drag radials. Going to track in april. Hoping for mid-low 13's and adding zex 125hp kit also this summer and dipping into high11's???
Forgot to mention its a 5spd. Are my goals to high?

Should be mid 13's easy...if you know how to launch the car. First 60ft is crucial... My buddy has less done to his car than you do and got a 13.7 leaving the line off idle.. I like street tires for a combo like yours..my car has been faster with radials compared to drag radials so far. I need practice on my 60 ft times though.

Do you mind me asking what your 88 lx runs? It looks similiar to mine except for the comp. tuner and heads. Thanks. My buddys keep saying it won't run faster than 13.8-14.0 actually wagering a 12pack after our trip on who is right.:cheers: He's a low 10sec car on the bottle so I can't come close to him with present set-up but after my 408 is built hoping to send him a surprise next year!;)I was thinking about Anderson's PMS with my 408, Do u like the quarterhorse set-up better?