Here is the engine we are going to put in the FF kit car:
1. Dart II Sportsman block
2. Dart II cnc iron heads
3. Forged 3" crank
4. Crower 400 cid SBC rods with 280,000 psi bolts
5. High silicone content Keith Black pistons
6. Whatever cam Dart says will max power at 7500 and then die
7. Gear drive cam
8. Don't know the name but it's that after market mass air flow fi system (he already has it)
9. Full roller rockers
10. Titanium intake/sodium filled exhaust valves.
Christ.. it must be nice to have all that money for a 7500 rpm engine!!
Here is what we have and build today..7500 rpm shift points.
Stock early 302 block, w/ studs/ and stud girdle/ oil wind-age
Stock rods w/ arps bolts re sized / floated pins
forged light weight pistons .. lots of good choices out there
Stock 2M early crankshaft
Stainless steel valves , under cut stems, swirl polished
Springs for cam and titanium retainers
Induction.. intake for power from turns to top rpm of 7500-7800 rpm
Rotating assy balanced/ blueprinted/ block work the same/ crankshaft the same..
Heads.. Ported GT40s with upgraded valve train and studs
We must have saved at least more than HALF the cost.. reliability is good for the full season and then tear down, just in weight on the block and heads.. we can be 50 HP less and still pull in the straights!! Yes?? Just another way to race on a smaller budget.. cool?? 302 cubes rock!!