Fox what thermostat to run in the summer

• Sponsors (?)

Heater core can shed a small amount of heat if the fan is on high, but it’s sorta negligible in the grand scheme of things.

Stock engine, stock thermostat is fine.

ok good I'm not sure what it is tho when I open the hood it's like opening a oven
That’s why the passenger compartment is separated from the engine compartment by an insulated firewall.
What is your temp gauge reading? If in doubt, get a mechanical gauge to double check actual temp.
If you run a 160 deg thermostat, the engine will likely not get hot enough to boil the blowby out of the oil. And water with some gas is not what you want building up in the oil. The computer is likely to stay in warm up mode (open loop), possibly running quite rich, and not running best for ambient conditions.
And sure, a heater core works better with a higher temp thermostat, but that’s irrelevant in your case. The fuel injection system will not be happy with a low temp thermostat.

ok good I'm not sure what it is tho when I open the hood it's like opening a oven

I mean that’s typically what happens. Modern fuel injected engine is designed to run around 200-210 degrees. That’s enough to (almost) boil water.

These engines run efficient at that temp range. I don’t mean fuel economy, but in terms of driving off moisture and contaminants from the oil, proper engine clearances and other factors that contribute to a long-living engine.

• PlusOne
Reactions: 1 user
That’s why the passenger compartment is separated from the engine compartment by an insulated firewall.
What is your temp gauge reading? If in doubt, get a mechanical gauge to double check actual temp.
If you run a 160 deg thermostat, the engine will likely not get hot enough to boil the blowby out of the oil. And water with some gas is not what you want building up in the oil. The computer is likely to stay in warm up mode (open loop), possibly running quite rich, and not running best for ambient conditions.
And sure, a heater core works better with a higher temp thermostat, but that’s irrelevant in your case. The fuel injection system will not be happy with a low temp thermostat.
the heater core is bypassed I have a stock thermostat I had a 180 in there before I really don't wanna do a heater core the video didn't look fun at all
I mean that’s typically what happens. Modern fuel injected engine is designed to run around 200-210 degrees. That’s enough to (almost) boil water.

These engines run efficient at that temp range. I don’t mean fuel economy, but in terms of driving off moisture and contaminants from the oil, proper engine clearances and other factors that contribute to a long-living engine.
good so it's all good for now thanks everyone

the heater core is bypassed I have a stock thermostat I had a 180 in there before I really don't wanna do a heater core the video didn't look fun at all
Is that really what you got out of what I typed? :O_o: Can you read it again and make sure I’m not having a stroke?:D I’m sure I thought about helpful information while I poked at my phone.
Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Is that really what you got out of what I typed? :O_o: Can you read it again and make sure I’m not having a stroke?:D I’m sure I thought about helpful information while I poked at my phone.
Thanks!
I'm new to mustang's I'm 40 I always wanted one all my friends had them growing up now I got one 20 years to late lol but I love it nothing beats the sound of a foxbody mustang and any mustang I'm trying to learn and ask questions I confuse my self with what I ask everyone like this vacuum EGR leak I have I can't figure it out fix this problem and u can Pat yourself on back lol

I'm new to mustang's I'm 40 I always wanted one all my friends had them growing up now I got one 20 years to late lol but I love it nothing beats the sound of a foxbody mustang and any mustang I'm trying to learn and ask questions I confuse my self with what I ask everyone like this vacuum EGR leak I have I can't figure it out fix this problem and u can Pat yourself on back lol
I’m glad to try to help, especially if I am not typing nonsense. And obviously, so are many others here.
Do you have another thread started on the EGR vacuum leak?

I’m glad to try to help, especially if I am not typing nonsense. And obviously, so are many others here.
Do you have another thread started on the EGR vacuum leak?
yes I get alot of laughs at me cause I just don't understand what part is what I'm at my car have a look I'm sure I blocked off stuff I shouldn't have,so no smog pump new EGR and this vacuum mess you will see

Attachments

• 16530942152311751357991313391395.jpg
    16530942152311751357991313391395.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 16530942738248230360893292908133.jpg
    16530942738248230360893292908133.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 43
A lot of that stuff was pulled off for track use when I rescued my car. It runs better with it back in place.
It it your car we were seeing this unfortunate problem recently on in another thread?

Last edited:
A lot of that stuff was pulled off for track use when I rescued my car. It runs better with it back in place.
It it your car we were seeing this unfortunate problem recently in another thread?
ya I had alot of message and diagrams sent to me and something's I understood and others I don't this being my first mustang and me watching to many YouTube videos