Forced Induction What timing are you running with your supercharger?

Vinnyc1487

Jul 14, 2020
Chicago
Installing my rebuilt powerdyne with 6psi pulley on my 87 Gt for the first time since the rebuild. I went front having it on a stock 5.0 to recently adding trick flow 170 heads, Holley systemax intake, N41 cam, 60lb injectors, Holley terminator x efi, I know the instructions say on a stock car to set timing to 6 degrees but that seems awfully low for my current set up. Just curious what everyone else is running at. Any help would be great as I plan on firing it up tonight.

• Sponsors (?)

yeah no, at 6psi you should only be pulling 3-6* of timing depending on the fuel used ect.

At WOT NA most cars are between 29 and 33* you then simply pull 1* per pound from there
I’m running 93 octane and I currently have my base timing at 16* so at wide open throttle I run at 32*. The car runs great but now with the supercharger I want run it and drive before getting it dyno tuned in the next week or so. So you are saying run it at 6* base timing and that would put be at 22* at WOT and would be safe to cruise until I get it tuned?

I’m running 93 octane and I currently have my base timing at 16* so at wide open throttle I run at 32*. The car runs great but now with the supercharger I want run it and drive before getting it dyno tuned in the next week or so. So you are saying run it at 6* base timing and that would put be at 22* at WOT and would be safe to cruise until I get it tuned?
Dude your using a terminator x right? Just set the ignition table up to pull the timing under boost. Messing with base timing or using a retard box is old-school when we could not directly adjust the tables.

Reactions: 1 user