what tires are you using..

JymboSlice

Dec 9, 2008
hey, what kinda tires are you guys using with 19 in rims? i cannot find any streetable(good wear rating) drag radials out there. so what tire is everyone using? stock rubber? or the nto5r tire? or...?

• Sponsors (?)

No, I had an 05 and 07. The 555's I went up over 1" from stock tire height, so that could be why they stuck decently on the street. But the reviews are also pretty good. My '05 with the BFG's had 4.10's and it stuck pretty darn well.

Of course, if you really want something to stick, you gotta run DR's, but then you have to worry about rain. Can't have it both ways. IMO, BFG KDW2's are the best all around street tire.

No, I had an 05 and 07. The 555's I went up over 1" from stock tire height, so that could be why they stuck decently on the street. But the reviews are also pretty good. My '05 with the BFG's had 4.10's and it stuck pretty darn well.

Of course, if you really want something to stick, you gotta run DR's, but then you have to worry about rain. Can't have it both ways. IMO, BFG KDW2's are the best all around street tire.

i wont be driving in the rain that much so that wont be a problem. I think ill go with the nt555's on the stock wheel for now until i can get the RTR wheels and put the BFG's on those rims. the BFG's look pretty cool too which is another plus