What to do next?

LaserSVT

Got FB banned again for saying nards
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Well the new Termi is an absolute animal but fun to drive. The butt still seems to slide in a corner like my 96 Cobra and wondered if there is any more handling mods for it.
Also with the mods listed what would you guys do next?

Mods:
HRE Wheels 448 R series
Michelin Pilot Sport 255/35 & 295/35 19’s
Tri-Ax Shifter
Diablo Chip w/custome tune
BBK O/R H-pipe
BBK MIL eliminators
Flowmaster 2 chamber 3” Chrome tip Cat-Back
Kenne Brown Strut tower brace
Steeda CAI
Steeda Camber Castor plates
Steeda 2.81 pulley
Steeda X-2 Balljoints
Steeda Bumpsteer kit
Steeda Battery trunk kit
Steeda Quadrent
Steeda Firewall adjuster
Steeda Belt tensioner
Billstien Shocks (Steeda Tuned)
Billstien Struts
Kenne Brown Sub Frame connectors
Kenne Brown Shock tower brace
Differential Bushings
Offset Rack bushings
Billstien Shocks (Steeda Tuned)
Billstien Struts
BBK ceramic Long Tubes w/Dyno tune
Accufab Big Oval T-body and Power inlet
Auto Meter Boost and A/F gauge with housing
Billet Grills
Custome Finish on the wheels
Lightning MAF
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
6G 145 amp alt
Smoked Tail lights
Labor for all

• Sponsors (?)

It used to have a Pro-M 95mm. I guess something happened because September 07 it was swapped for the Lightning one. Why, is that bad?
It has diff bushings already, what else should be done to the IRS?
Also when in first the trans is loud, sounds like the syncros, is this normal to hear it spinning in first gear? And UM, when you installed your cooling mod did you have to drop the trans? Oh and is the blue mark on the head the sign for the head change TSB or whatever they did to fix it?

Aftermarket MAF's are PITA on these cars unless you tune for them specifically. The Lightning MAF is 90MM just like the stock unit hence the reason i asked about it.

As far as the IRS you could add a BF girdle, some level 2 or 5 half shafts, some shocks with stiffer rebound dampening, and maybe even upgrade to 14MM bolts vs the stock 12mm.

Tranny is loud in first huh? Mine is quiet as can be. Might want to try draining the fluid and replacing with some Mobil 1 full synthetic ATF. Never know what the previous owner put in it.

My cooling mod was installed by the dealer when the motor was out getting the drivers side head replaced. The Apten cooling mod does require the tranny to be dropped for install, but I believe the LDC cooling mod can be done more easily.

The blue mark MEANS NOTHING! Well not entirely true. It's actually an urban legend that the blue stripe signifies a new style head was/has been installed. The real reason the drivers side head is marked with a blue stripe was simply to differentiate it from the passenger side head on the assembly line when pulling parts for the build.

U.M.

It has diff bushings already, what else should be done to the IRS?
A differential cover brace. The differential cover actually bolts to the IRS "subframe" and can break under lots of torque.

Front and rear urethane differential bushings. You state you have aftermarket bushings in place, but not if you have both front and rear.

IRS subframe bushings, along with IRS subframe mounts.

Also, although not part of the IRS, the subframe connectors you have installed will help stiffen it all up.