What to look for when buying a new to me termi?

Alright so im looking at picking up this termi, here is the ad
"Looking to sell my 2003 Oxford white cobra it has 108k on the body but 60k on the new long block and transmission i have reciepts from ford to prove the work. The car itself is in great condition with no mechanical errors. It was in a prior accident but there was no frame damage and it still holds a clean title. Everything was fixed and you can tell by the pictures the only cosmetic flaw is a scratch on the hood, also the driver seat is broken but can be fixed easily. Other than that the car runs strong and is all stock with the exception of a hand held Diablo predator sport tune that was tuned to 91 octane but can be easily put back to stock. The car is smogged i have the clean title and pink slip in hand. I have more pictures on request. Asking 14.5k or better offer"
Im offering 11k which im sure he will respond to with 12k
So my question is what do i look for in particular with termi's (other than basic used car purchases) if everything works out i'll have it by next weekend
all help is appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Personally i would make sure it didnt knock, among other things, if your serious about buying the car you need to take it for a test drive and dog on it a little, see how it performs up in the higher rpms...the one thing about buying a termi, especially the 03-04's is you know damn well the previous owner(s) dogged on it a little, i mean thats why you buy them. With that being said i would definitely ask to see receipts and really make sure its running right.

reciepts are definitely a must, i too am more worried about the engine than anything, suspension issues for me are really non-issue thats my bread a butter and would love ANY excuse to do to this like i did to my fox, anywho stay tuned as i may have a new termi i offered him 12k for it in the condition its in (being in a accident, having high miles, having the motor swapped, having a broken passesnger seat and needing a few hundred dollars in repair to the hood) thanks for the help guys

reciepts are definitely a must, i too am more worried about the engine than anything, suspension issues for me are really non-issue thats my bread a butter and would love ANY excuse to do to this like i did to my fox, anywho stay tuned as i may have a new termi i offered him 12k for it in the condition its in (being in a accident, having high miles, having the motor swapped, having a broken passesnger seat and needing a few hundred dollars in repair to the hood) thanks for the help guys

Sounds a little shady to me, i would never buy a wrecked car. For your price range i would get a mach 1 instead, that way you can get a clean, non-wrecked car that is still pretty damn fast plus has a lot of potential...and i think looks better personally

Sounds a little shady to me, i would never buy a wrecked car. For your price range i would get a mach 1 instead, that way you can get a clean, non-wrecked car that is still pretty damn fast plus has a lot of potential...and i think looks better personally

I Agree 10000%...a mach at your price point will give you a much better car, and when you consider what you will put into the Cobra to get it "right" you could have almost supercharged your Mach

:rolleyes::shrug:

Personally, I wouldn't be looking for a Cobra unless I had $16-$18k to spend, which IMO is still waaaaay too much for a 6 year old mustang, but that is the only range you can find nice ones for... Anything lower is either gonna be wrecked, have very high miles, or is dogged out...

didnt say that wasnt my price range, and as far as the " i dont like machs" comment its not that i dont like them i just would rather have other cars before i got an 03-03 mach 1, reason im trying to find one that has a low price regardless off its condition is im gonna rebuild it from the ground up to have what i want 5.1l stroker, 3.4l kenne bell agent 47 SLA etc etc so if i can find one thats 5k less than another thats just more modifications i can do

he said he was staying firm at 14.5k so i told him thats not gonna happen
Thinking im just gonna pick up this one even though i dont care for the color
2003 COBRA TERMINATOR

I just dont like it when someone posts a pic of a car for sale and they havent even bothered to wash the car...that tells me they dont care all that much about it and have probably beat it to death in the last 19k miles...just an opinion.

I just dont like it when someone posts a pic of a car for sale and they havent even bothered to wash the car...that tells me they dont care all that much about it and have probably beat it to death in the last 19k miles...just an opinion.

+1, dude i have been in your shoes a bunch of times, had an 86, 91, 94 and my 99 (which ill Never sell) and i can tell you its always better to start a project with something Clean, Never been wrecked!, original motor....it just sounds like that car would be a project mess instead of a good solid project...