What will control arms exactly do for me?

AmBo

Feb 3, 2004
New Jersey
:shrug: Just a question that I have been thinking about. Everyone said to increase handling to get the Steeda alluminum rear upper/lower control arms. However, for $400+ for the set of upper and lower, what will I gain from this? Keep in mind i'm attempting to "prepare" my car for a KB kit.

• Sponsors (?)

The arms will more positively locate the rear end. They will also help with wheel hop. With LCA's you can remove the quad shocks which sometimes helps the rear end react better. You don't "have" to get the Steedas. There other brands out there.

What has been said is correct, I'll add this to why though . . . . the stock control arms are stamped from thin sheet metal and they will flex and twist very easy. The bushings used in the stock control arms are made from rubber which will allow movement fore/aft, side to side and will also twist.

The problem with all this flexing and twisting is that when any force, accelerating, braking or cornering are applied to them they flex/twist so bad as to not allow constant or consistant tire contact with the pavement, thus reducing traction.

All of the aftermarket contol arms are made from strong tubing or solid billet stock, either in aluminum or steel and have hard or even solid bushings which will not allow the flexing and twisting. The rewards are of course your tires staying planted to the pavement giving your Mustang more of the much needed traction for quicker take offs, better stopping and faster cornering. :nice:

I have Steeda upper and lowers and it has made a big difference and i think were worth the investment. Everyone has there opinions on what brand to get i personally like the steeda arms with there poly bushings. Other manuf. use different bushings with greasable fittings. Do your research and find the ones that will be best for you.

When it comes to suspension stuff definitly go with Maximum Motorsports.

I put on Maximum motorsports LCA's and it was like a total new car, the rear end was predictable, it went where I wanted it to and it plants the tires firmly to the ground. As stated before I ditched the quad shocks

Definitly get them, they will make a HUGE difference with traction