What will the next Cobra R be like?

It is supposed to be called a "GTR" and will have a revolutionary turbocharged rotary V8.

How can an engine be both a V8 and a rotary? A rotary engine does not have cylinders. A rotary engine is similar to a RX-8.

I would like to see the V-10 engine that was produced by those Ford engineers, dropped into the GT, and tested by MOTOR TREND. That would be a good "R".

LOL, I was joking and was hoping that someone would catch that. I cant beleive it took 20 replies to catch that, especially on a Ford website. for shame people.

69stanger said:
LOL, I was joking and was hoping that someone would catch that. I cant beleive it took 20 replies to catch that, especially on a Ford website. for shame people.

hehe I thought that, but then i was thinkin that the rotaries have the 4 lil chambers and mabie they could make one with 8 either way it would be stupid though

I'm pretty sure the rotary motor is considered to have two cylinders even though they are not a typical cylinder. But I guess if you take the actual definition of "cylinder" they don't have any... Shrug. I guess I don't have a point, but a rotary with 4x the "triangles" of an RX-7 would have to be awesome! Not really something that should be in a Mustang though.

lowest price ive seen on a 03 was $25k. it didnt last long on autotrader. people put them on ebay and expect to get more than they paid i guess. id love one just cant see myself paying insurance, taxes and payments that high.

I hope those predictions are right.. and I hope Ford uses Clydesdales when rating the cars with that power too