Roush whats better in your opion

• Sponsors (?)

Just to be different, I'll qualify my answer a little bit...:rolleyes:

Depends on the year of the SVT. Seems to be a LOT harder to find a 99,01,03,04 SVT Saleen. If The SVT is 98 or earlier, I'll take the 02-up "E" car. If the SVT is 99-up, I'd take it over the E.

Just MY opinion, but I much prefer the 99-04 body style. I know a lot of people like their 94-98's, so no slight intended... :nice:

BobV said:
Just to be different, I'll qualify my answer a little bit...:rolleyes:

Depends on the year of the SVT. Seems to be a LOT harder to find a 99,01,03,04 SVT Saleen. If The SVT is 98 or earlier, I'll take the 02-up "E" car. If the SVT is 99-up, I'd take it over the E.

Just MY opinion, but I much prefer the 99-04 body style. I know a lot of people like their 94-98's, so no slight intended... :nice:

I didn't have to choose which body style I liked better I had both........:D

I own an E so that's where my vote is, but I certainly wouldn't kick an 03-04 saleen cobra out of my garage.

But you know, with just basic bolt ons you're going to see about the same performance out of both cars. The 4v head does have more potential I agree, but the E car is running Saleen aluminum heads, not the stock 2v heads on the GT's plus all the forged internals, I just don't see that much difference in stock form.

Add the fact the cobra weights more, and the disadvantage of the IRS, I think without heavy mods to either car the E car wins in performance.

Plus there are fewer E cars then Saleen cobras (all years mind you) on the road. :D

Let the :flame: begin...

ExtremeSaleen said:
Plus there are fewer E cars then Saleen cobras (all years mind you) on the road. :D

Heh, and even fewer left, it seems like a number of them have been destroyed in accidents.......:shrug:

btw.......if you count just the years the E's were built, there were more E's built during that period then Cobra Editions, even if you add in the rest of the new edge Cobra editions E production was still higher.........:D

ExtremeSaleen said:
I own an E so that's where my vote is, but I certainly wouldn't kick an 03-04 saleen cobra out of my garage.

But you know, with just basic bolt ons you're going to see about the same performance out of both cars. The 4v head does have more potential I agree, but the E car is running Saleen aluminum heads, not the stock 2v heads on the GT's plus all the forged internals, I just don't see that much difference in stock form.

Add the fact the cobra weights more, and the disadvantage of the IRS, I think without heavy mods to either car the E car wins in performance.

Ok, I'll bite. what are the disadvantages of the IRS as it pertains to this type of car? Saleen doesn't tout itself as a drag car, but a corner carver and I just can't see how the IRS is inferior to the LA of the GT models.

What is the weight difference in both cars? I can't believe it to be that great. My car is 3680 lbs with half a tank of gas. It also has a very neutral feel in stock trim on the track.

Plus my power is pretty good considering all I have is exhaust and intake done (warantee friendly).

The E was the top of my list for a while till I saw they were making a few cobra saleens in 2003/04.

What is the price difference between the E and the cobra saleens?

The E car weighs in at 3428, a 252 pound difference. And for the IRS disadvantage, I was thinking in terms of straight line performance; a lot of people here are into 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. The E car is more expensive though, Cobra started at 48k, the E at 61k.

It seems like you have a few more mods then just exhaust and intake, at least your sig says so, but those are great numbers. :nice:

for 79-04 mustangs, a Torque Arm/Panhard bar or 5-link GT rear will outhandle an IRS, even one with all the bushing upgrades. The Kenny Brown Avanced Geometry IRS will bring the SVT rear up to spec but at the end of the day it'll still be heavier. It's important to note that the IRS feels incredibly more comfortable on the street. I don't know if Steve did anything whatsoever to the Saleen SVTs but I do know that the racecraft equipment on a GT is a noticable improvement.