whats everyones thoughts on Sumitomo tires?

• Sponsors (?)

I have the HRT Z and for the price I would get them again. They suck in the rain, but pretty good on dry roads. Tread pattern sucks on them though

when i had them they did ok when i was n/a, but after i got the s/c it was down right dangerous.

i usually got 2.0 60's on them cause i just couldn't get them to hook. now when i had my hankook ventus sport k104's it was no problem for me to get 1.9's consistanly on them. heck if they made a 315, they'd be on my car right now

I currently have them on my Stang, and no complaints so far. The only reason that I got them is because I couldn't throw down the $300 more a tire for Goodyears, or BFG's. I plan on getting better tires sometime down the road, but the Sumitomos will have to do for now.

I had them on my car when I got it...they lasted about 35k, and that was easy driving. They were not overinflated/underinflated, but the middle of the tires wore out quicker than the rest...

I know have Continental Conti Extreem tires and am on my second set...I love them! There was 40k on one of them when I had a blowout (my fault...) and had to buy another. NTB gave me a credit for the 40k tire because it still had a lot of "life" left.

There are a typical cheap tire that is a overall decent performer. Traction will depend on the temp and how much you feather the throttle. Haven't had any problems with them in the rain though.

If you have Sumitomo's, you are officially a cheap-a$$

dude go back to highschool im sick of your negative childish feedback on everything

Sumitomos are dunlops and are a very decent tire ESPECIALLY when you conisder the price, i just bought brand new 315's for the back and 255's up front, payed 107$ for the 315 90$ for the 255's

I am very happy with them

My logic is if your going to be drag racing and going to the track you mine as well buy a cheap tire you dont have to worry about tearin up, if you really need traction go buy dr's in my opinion the high end summer tires are a waste of money especially when you consider the top end 315's go for over 260$ a tire

I have the 315s on the rear. Guess I am a cheapskate. Great for the money but dont even bother trying to race with them. I can break mine loose on a solid 1-2 shift. Really have to watch out in the rain or when or its nice and cold. But for normal DD duty they are fine.

well

I guess I am just a cheap bastard too then. :shrug:

I have the HTR Z II's and for the money I don't think they are that bad. The tread pattern looks bad a s s. I plan on pickin up a better set in a year or so but I saw them onsale on tirerack, read some good reviews and I bought them.

They are not great for traction I admit, but have worn pretty well. I lost a quick block race to my buddy in his 2000 Mustang GT with just his catback on fresh blacktop. I just couldn't get traction off the line :rlaugh:

dude go back to highschool im sick of your negative childish feedback on everything

Sumitomos are dunlops and are a very decent tire ESPECIALLY when you conisder the price, i just bought brand new 315's for the back and 255's up front, payed 107$ for the 315 90$ for the 255's

I am very happy with them

My logic is if your going to be drag racing and going to the track you mine as well buy a cheap tire you dont have to worry about tearin up, if you really need traction go buy dr's in my opinion the high end summer tires are a waste of money especially when you consider the top end 315's go for over 260$ a tire

I am not being negative, i am just saying that you shouldnt try and save money in the department of tires. If i see a nice car with nice mods and cheap tires then it makes the car look cheap to me. I think you should just spend the little extra money and get a better tire.

...Just my opinon...not yours

and Like Helty Said "You Get What You Pay For"

I am not being negative, i am just saying that you shouldnt try and save money in the department of tires. If i see a nice car with nice mods and cheap tires then it makes the car look cheap to me. I think you should just spend the little extra money and get a better tire.

...Just my opinon...not yours

and Like Helty Said "You Get What You Pay For"

I just think if your driving stupidly enough to lose traction in teh first place especially in the rain you deserve it no matter what tire you have