Fox What's everyone's thoughts on this hood?

• Sponsors (?)

I know people here have that hood, so i'll attempt to be delicate.
I don't like it, it was cool 30 years ago for a few years, but that's about it.
Just too busy.
I run what is likely the least intrusive aftermarket hood, which is a 1.5 cowl.
Even that i'm hoping to get rid of when I get the car painted (if the supercharger pulley doesn't hit it)
The stock hood is just fine IMO, less is more when it comes to hoods.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I have a decent shape fiberglass one haha, previous owner added it which isn't bad but couple annoyances I would prefer not to have Mine is a little less... dramatic? I would rather have the stock one but that is me.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm pretty close to that location as well but already have a cervini 1.5" cowl for my coupe. The hatchback has stock hood and honestly if it wasn't for the weight savings of the cowl I would have kept the stock hood on the coupe but that's me. I feel that hood probably looks best on a gt given it's square lines

It's not a bad hood. I like it, and if I were to get a hood it would need to be a cervini's.

I wish someone made a stock hood in fiberglass. I want the weight savings, but want to look stock. Some of these hoods out there on the market are way too busy for me.

Reactions: 1 users
It's not a bad hood. I like it, and if I were to get a hood it would need to be a cervini's.

I wish someone made a stock hood in fiberglass. I want the weight savings, but want to look stock. Some of these hoods out there on the market are way too busy for me.

I agree with this one, a stock fiberglass hood would be nice, I don't mind mine its a limited edition low production run fiberglass hood the previous owner put on but I still feel its a bit dramatic for my taste

Unless something has changed, a good cervini's hood (who most would consider the best), is still pretty heavy.
I'd guess mine is like 10lbs at best lighter than a stock hood.
Financially it's a terrible decision in an effort to lose weight.
I could stop eating cookies and lose more weight.
There is a reason everyone with the light weight hoods have fitment issues and hood pins, they are nothing like a cervini's.

Unless something has changed, a good cervini's hood (who most would consider the best), is still pretty heavy.
There is a reason everyone with the light weight hoods have fitment issues and hood pins, they are nothing like a cervini's.

yeah I don't know what mines from think Cincinnati composites, but there's def gaps and high spots and hinges rub etc

So far as I've seen the only hoods I like on a Fox - other than a stock hood - are smaller cowl induction hoods. Everything else, as already stated, are usually too busy or don't fit the car aesthetically. This hood, for example and in my opinion, the scoops are too big and the body lines of them are too far forward. They worked on the 71-73 cars because those hoods were a mile long. Now if someone were to scale them down to fit the hood they may look good, otherwise they just don't do it for me. Just my 2 cents and probably not even worth that.....

I ain't gonna stop eating cookies I don't care what my hood weights!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Ooooo I have an opinion...... (that hood was one that I was considering for my build)

A hood determines what others think of your car. I have thrown this around many times and thought of a Cobra R, a 2", A Stalker, A Heat Extractor, the list goes on. BUT a man in my town who drives a Black Cobra made a good point. Expectations come from the hood. I have a V6 that is getting her mods, but placing a Cobra R hood on will bring the question "WHY" because its not a V8.

A lot of the members here have said here that they are just stuffing everything under a factory hood not because it would be a sleeper, but because they wont get bothered at every red light.

I was thinking of an entire body kit, but now am just thinking of a front bumper and replacement wing. Even if I go all out and supercharge my girl, it can fit under the factory hood and that adds to things in the end.

Maybe we could get @horse sence to do another custom fiberglass hood?

It's a Cervini's hood, so it's probably going to bold right on. You can see how well it fits on the car in the picture. It was actually smart of the seller to use a picture of the hood on the car. I like the look of that hood. If you have to paint it, it gets expensive though. If that's the same color as you car, it's worth the money.

Kurt

A hood determines what others think of your car. I have thrown this around many times and thought of a Cobra R, a 2", A Stalker, A Heat Extractor, the list goes on. BUT a man in my town who drives a Black Cobra made a good point. Expectations come from the hood. I have a V6 that is getting her mods, but placing a Cobra R hood on will bring the question "WHY" because its not a V8.
There is some truth to this statement.
And i'm certainly guilty thinking that way.
I do expect a lot from a car with a big hood, but not necessarily from a ram air hood.
Now a 4in cowl hood, I expect a race car. Because nobody with any sense puts one on a street car and tries to drive around looking over the top of that thing unless they absolutely have to.
The other reality is that nobody with a 302 should have a hood clearance problem, spacers and tall valve covers make no sense to me. Compensating for poor parts choice by buying a $500 hood and having it painted just isn't logical.