What's it Worth? Whats my 91 Hatch worth roughly?

LarsD

Founding Member
Jul 2, 2002
Texas
91 Hatch, about 150K miles, OK paint and body. 347, Tremec TKO 600, mildly built 8.8, Bullitt brakes, tons of stuff done to it. I have it listed for $9K right now with the expectation to go lower, but have had no bites. South Texas area if it matters.

Attachments

• IMG_0835.JPG
    IMG_0835.JPG
    336.9 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_0836.JPG
    IMG_0836.JPG
    288.5 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_1055.JPG
    IMG_1055.JPG
    274.2 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_1063.JPG
    IMG_1063.JPG
    315.3 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_0834.JPG
    IMG_0834.JPG
    306.3 KB · Views: 349
  • Sponsors (?)

Here is my opinion.
It's a niche group that will come across this car and buy it. Small in numbers, most will have very little clue on what to look for in respect to future problems.
Pics of the work done and a paper trail is beneficial, now about the price, it will be a waiting game and I would not drop the price in print but be willing to negotiate.
It also depends on where you spend your add dollars.

Put it in Auto Trader digital online. It takes a while for a fox . Most people dont have ten grand. They need a bank loan for ten grand. I think for an older car, a guy will plan for it. Maybe some inheritance money , or a windfall of some sort.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Here is my opinion.
It's a niche group that will come across this car and buy it. Small in numbers, most will have very little clue on what to look for in respect to future problems.
Pics of the work done and a paper trail is beneficial, now about the price, it will be a waiting game and I would not drop the price in print but be willing to negotiate.
It also depends on where you spend your add dollars.

Yeah that is true, I have receipts for pretty much part on the car at least.

Put it in Auto Trader digital online. It takes a while for a fox . Most people dont have ten grand. They need a bank loan for ten grand. I think for an older car, a guy will plan for it. Maybe some inheritance money , or a windfall of some sort.

Yeah, you are right, I was fortunate when I sold my 70 Dart last month, it was gone in less then 12 hours.

Thats because its older. Hopefully in ten years foxes will be all that. Everybody wants a 70 Dart. Even if the battery is dead every morning because the charging system stinks. The advertising has to be at least regional . At this time in the lives of the foxes there either pretty nice , or they were behind a building for ten years uncovered. Im hopeing my day will come cause I plan on this thing taking up garage space for 6 -10 more years. I cant afford a good 70 s car. A good idea of the fox future would be a Mustang Grande 72.

Thats because its older. Hopefully in ten years foxes will be all that. Everybody wants a 70 Dart. Even if the battery is dead every morning because the charging system stinks. The advertising has to be at least regional . At this time in the lives of the foxes there either pretty nice , or they were behind a building for ten years uncovered. Im hopeing my day will come cause I plan on this thing taking up garage space for 6 -10 more years. I cant afford a good 70 s car. A good idea of the fox future would be a Mustang Grande 72.
Just checked on e bay $16,000 to $17,000. Ill take that for garage rental Your sweet fox sells great in New England as a Texas car.

Last edited:
I think I've got a decent feel for the market, but localities will vary. I sold a hatch with a simple GT40 combo and a T5 for $6,500 2 years ago. I think your car is worth more than that, but as mentioned, it's a smaller crowd. So, expect offers to be less common.

My best guess is it'll go around $7,500, assuming it drives right, everything works, & you have the documentation to clearly prove that it's a 347. While I have no personal doubt, I don't take anyone on the open market at their word.

Reactions: 1 user
I think I've got a decent feel for the market, but localities will vary. I sold a hatch with a simple GT40 combo and a T5 for $6,500 2 years ago. I think your car is worth more than that, but as mentioned, it's a smaller crowd. So, expect offers to be less common.

My best guess is it'll go around $7,500, assuming it drives right, everything works, & you have the documentation to clearly prove that it's a 347. While I have no personal doubt, I don't take anyone on the open market at their word.

Yeah this is true, fortunately I have a huge stack of receipts showing I have $21K+ in the car, and when you ride in it you can tell it is put together right. Biggest downside is the A/C and heat needs to be fixed (heater core and evap core leak of course).

I'd say $7500. (I'm in AZ) Seems like a nice package on the performance side. Little things really matter at your price point. Things like: heater core, A/C, Interior appears to have some issues. For $9k I'd be expecting everything to be buttoned up. Probably gonna take just the right buyer, someone who's more interest in the 347. I'd make sure the documentation of the $21k+ is clear, readable, and easily sent to a potential buyer. I'd also widen your net to nearby areas. Not a lot of local choices for the buyer who is looking for your car. Good luck.

Sounds like its a really nice car if you have that much in it. The documentation will be a major factor in justifying the price. It sounds like you have that point covered. I agree with save the foxes. The interior looks like it has some ware and tare on it that will scare potential buyers off. I dont know what the pics look like in the add, but if they are the same ones you have posted here the car looks dirty. If I was selling it I would spend a Saturday detailing it. Even if the interior and paint are not in the best shape it will look 10 times better cleaned up, especially under the hood where the crown jewel of the selling point is at. That beautiful 347! Dont get me wrong. The car looks nice! It's just my $0.02 on helping you get the most money out of your investment.

Also put 95 booster n master cylinder in there noticed 5 lug swap guessing rear disk too car is sketch without swapping those but cant tell to well if u have or hadnt from pics

Nah, the stops incredibly well with the Bullitt fronts and drums rear. I had GT fronts on it for a bit, and that was really sketchy, but i did the research and the twin piston calipers brought all the pedal feel back.

Ironically the guy that bought it stopped by to pick up the last of the parts I sent with the car yesterday and his first comment was how well the car stops.