What's the deal with MAC exhausts ?

I ordered an offroad prochamber for my '04 GT SOOOOOO long ago now I almost forget (it must have been July/August last year) - through Texas Hot Rods.

It's been on back order ever since.

It seems to be a popular item and MAC seem to have a good rep for their product but not for availability - so how come it takes so damn long to get stock ? Anybody any ideas or experience with them ?

I could have fabbed one myself by now - lol :rolleyes:

To be honest I would have cancelled the order by now but I really want the prochamber or an offroad H (not an X) - and there don't seem to be that many alternatives around for stock/shorty headers. . .

• Sponsors (?)

If you try and cancel your order theyll try and hit you with some BS 20% cancellation fee like they tried to pull on me. Thats a pretty big chunk of change too when your spending that kind of money. I decided to just wait it out , like 3 months or better. Bottom line nobody should do business with THR.

Probably THR, like everyone else suggests. When I ordered my Prochamber from MAC, it did take a long time though. Something like 4-6 months I believe as the cats (supposedly Magnaflow) were back-ordered. Still a good product though, and I'd buy from MAC again if needed. Good luck getting what you paid for!

Has THR already taken your money? If not, call your bank and put a stop on it. Otherwise, if you paid by credit card file a claim for services not received.

I won't do business with them.

Well just to follow this one up, my Prochamber is finally sat in the garage waiting to be fitted, after 8 months (!) and I don't know how many follow-up emails to THR, varying in tone from irate to just plain pleading/desperate.

Paypal were hopeless (as per previous experience) when I approached them to dispute the transaction on the grounds of non-delivery (apparently by being patient I had waited to long to dispute the transaction) - so finally I had no option other than to tough it out.

The responses I had from THR (when I got them) were always apologetic and courteous; and I still don't know how much MAC were to blame for the delay in supply and how much was simply down to THR. I do know however that I won't ever use THR again.

They may be a good hot rod shop for all I know and they seem like nice people - but the service was dire from start to finish and I could not recommend them to anybody. Likewise I would recommend that anybody ordering any MAC product from anywhere should be prepared for a long wait from what I've read elsewhere and might want to check stock before parting with any hard earned cash.

Anyway - I'm just pleased they finally came through so I can get on and enjoy my car.

I know exactly where you're coming from: I'm just the same when it comes to waiting for stuff. But unfortunatley when you choose to run a Mustang in the UK you have to get used to waiting some for parts. And when they don't come - what are you going to do ? Spend $1500 on a plane ticket to go sort it out ? :shrug:

Fortunately I am now building up a list of 'trusted' suppliers. People I know will get the job done - and quickly. Needless to say THR aren't on it. :)

ya mine took almost 4 weeks from MAC directly.
Well just to follow this one up, my Prochamber is finally sat in the garage waiting to be fitted, after 8 months (!) and I don't know how many follow-up emails to THR, varying in tone from irate to just plain pleading/desperate.

Paypal were hopeless (as per previous experience) when I approached them to dispute the transaction on the grounds of non-delivery (apparently by being patient I had waited to long to dispute the transaction) - so finally I had no option other than to tough it out.

The responses I had from THR (when I got them) were always apologetic and courteous; and I still don't know how much MAC were to blame for the delay in supply and how much was simply down to THR. I do know however that I won't ever use THR again.

They may be a good hot rod shop for all I know and they seem like nice people - but the service was dire from start to finish and I could not recommend them to anybody. Likewise I would recommend that anybody ordering any MAC product from anywhere should be prepared for a long wait from what I've read elsewhere and might want to check stock before parting with any hard earned cash.

Anyway - I'm just pleased they finally came through so I can get on and enjoy my car.

Posted via Mobile Device