Whats the difference Between 40 vs 44

rabidscoobie

10 Year Member
Jun 21, 2007
College Station,TX
My Gt had 40 series flows on it and I liked the sound,the lower deep tone.So anyone know the difference in tone between the 40 and 44 series.Im also thinking of just doing the weld ins instead of the whole cat backs,any disadvantages of this?Kinda new when it comes to the cat backs.Im looking to do this around next month along with a few other stuff,just trying to get it all planned ahead of time,wanna get it right the first time.

• Sponsors (?)

the 44's are based on the delta flow technology in which your interior resonance will be slightly reduced from the 40's.

disadvantages of doing weld-ins as opposed to full catbacks are that you get less flow (2.25" stock piping). the bigger the pipe diameter, the louder the boom (aftermarket pipes are usually 2.5" mandrel bent piping). there's supposedly a horsepower difference with the larger piping, but none you could probably "actually" feel.

Thx for the info,Ill prob do weld ins.I like the Flows for the deep tone,dont care for loud and obnoxious,just a good low deep tone rumble.Dumps are nice but around here the police like to harrass everyone runnin dumps,buddy of mine was running JBA LT's,with dumps,I could always see him pulled over cuz of them...lol.

Another buddy of mine has a garage full of stuff,hes gonna let me have alot of it for less than half the new price.Stuff like-instrument bezel w/extra gauge holes,some billit interior stuff,maybe a few autometer gauges,a full set of blk bullit DD's im gonna try and talk him out of and more.Hes currently taking a 2000 V6 stang and dropping in a Cobra drivetrain,he wants a sleeper...lol

Do a search on YouTube for Bullitt exhaust. There is a Bullitt on there running an o/r X pipe and weld in Super 44s and it sounds *****ing sick! I believe he has 2 videos. I'd post up the links to them, but work has YouTube blocked. I plan on doing that exact setup over the summer.

the 44's are based on the delta flow technology in which your interior resonance will be slightly reduced from the 40's.

disadvantages of doing weld-ins as opposed to full catbacks are that you get less flow (2.25" stock piping). the bigger the pipe diameter, the louder the boom (aftermarket pipes are usually 2.5" mandrel bent piping). there's supposedly a horsepower difference with the larger piping, but none you could probably "actually" feel.

Another advantage to the catbacks are the nice 3.5-4" tips, I love my SLP tips. You can pick up tips fairly cheap if thats youre thing though, I think its an awesome compliment to the rear though.