Fox Wheel Choices For Fox With 12.88" Wilwood Kit

SVTrojan

Aug 6, 2012
Camarillo
I have a 1992 Mustang notchback that we have been working on. Has the 94/95 spindles and hubs, and we added the big brake kit (12.88") from Wilwood for the 1994+ mustangs. I'm trying to find a rim that will fit this setup with the correct backspacing and offset. Has anyone installed this kit on their Fox, and if so what rims did you use? I've heard 40mm offset and 6" of backspacing would work... Any recommendations or will we have to go with a custom set?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Order a Percy wheelrite and never have to ask again....
Screenshot_2017-06-17-23-31-48.png

I've got one and it really comes in handy. The bendable wire they send to simulate tires is bs. It doesn't actually do tire measurements but it does do bbackspacing, rim size, and offset. Measuring for tires takes a ruler and bending the wire accord ing to actual tire specs.

My car has a cobra IRS and uses 50mm offset. The front has 1/2 inch spacers on 94 spindles which would actually be 37mm...the rims are 18in 235 40 18s up front. The cobra brakes are 13in and have to use atleast a 17in wheel. I would think a 12.88in would need about the same.

Thanks for the suggestion! I've seen that tool before. My worry is that the rim I choose will have spokes that impact the calipers. That's the issue with the first set of rims I tried on this setup.