Where can I find info on the "b" cam?

• Sponsors (?)

The B cam specs are 224 durrations at .050 and .480 lift on both sides on 1.6 rockers. 112LSA. It's a rough cam but has decent low and midrange power but really kicks in at about 4000RPM. I have the B cam on 1.7RR's advanced 2*. I can cruise it at 1500RPM's with no problems and power comes in strong at about 3800RPM and pulls to redline.

90mustangGT said:
The B cam specs are 224 durrations at .050 and .480 lift on both sides on 1.6 rockers. 112LSA. It's a rough cam but has decent low and midrange power but really kicks in at about 4000RPM. I have the B cam on 1.7RR's advanced 2*. I can cruise it at 1500RPM's with no problems and power comes in strong at about 3800RPM and pulls to redline.

thanks for the info. who makes it? also, what did you advance 2*, the timing? Sry for the noob questions, just learning as I go. :D

Not to mince words - but I think Ford Racing markets/sells it; but I believe it's made for them by others. There's virtually none of their product that they make themselves. For example, their 1.7 Cobra-style roller rockers are made by Crane. Their E303 camshaft was designed by Crane (identical to Crane's PowerMax 2040). You'd have to ask Ford Racing who 'makes' the B for them.