where do u work!

GT40XStang9 said:
There's a bunch: MCM OT, Eaton OT, Casper OT, Tem OT, Access OT, etc. have you thought about joining the oil patch?

Sorry, I've never heard of them, but that's because they're rig contractors and we really don't deal much with that aspect. Everyone starts somewhere! There are PLENTY of old farts working above me that have years and years of experience and now they're making lots of money even though they started as draftsman. It's never too late to go to school or further your education in one way or another. :nice:

That's cool...I do quite well for a CAD lad..:D I should for doing this for 18+ years...the business has been kind to me so far. My old fart dad has been an Electrical Designer for 40+ years. I'm cool with being a designer/cad lad type. I actually work for the drilling side of the company. We have 100 or so rigs operating 24/7 that the company owns. We also sell the rigs we design/build to other land operations and off-shore operations. Good business to be in right now.

Jim

• Sponsors (?)

Technical support manager for a GPS tracking company. I also install alarms, remote starters,car audio and vidieo after work and on weekends. I sometimes make just as much doing the side work if not more than my salary.

Henceforward said:
During the summers I work for a Master electrician as an electrical apprentice...

28piece-electriciantool-set.jpg

During the year I am a full time student at The University of Texas.
Hey did you steal my tool pouch???? lol.

Attachments

• 28piece-electriciantool-set.jpg
    28piece-electriciantool-set.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 35
90bluegt said:
I work for Network Integration company designing computer networks for Fortune 500 to Fortune 2000 size companies. Like JRichker I have a wall Microsoft certifications from the NT4.0 days, but I got into computer networking (server work was boring) and now have wall of Cisco Certifications including the CCIE certification. I've got 9 years experience and I'm 28 years old.
I love what I do, just sometimes I have some very long days or shall I say week ends.

your from mass right then i know you holy chit

I just went back to work as an auto mechanic. I work a company that owns three dealerships and we refurb cars that come in from trade and auction before they are resold.

Prior to that I wasted eight years of my life in the broadcasting industry.

mob said:
Thats what I really want, I wouldnt mind having a job that involves some labor. I turn 18 in november so Im just waiting till then and hopfully ill get off my ass and find a real job. Id really like to get some kind of job at an oil changing plcae or autozone, but I really wouldnt mind working in construction or movning boxes in a factory, cause you can make some decent money there.

lol, done both working at a grease monkey (very fun/light atmosphere) and now i currently work with "the dear creek corp", it's a construction contractor who deals a lot with denver's DIA, McDonalds, Suncor (conoco phillips), and Penske truck rentals. im just a laborer, but yes, the pay is good, and the work is't bad at all because im usually doing something different every week or so. so yeah, i like it. lol hell, i just got a 57 hour week this week, so im making the weekend worth while!

I am a supervisor for a tier one supplier for Nissan,GM,Ford,Isuzu,and Honda. We primarly make the front and rear suspensions to either hold the entire engine or hold up the rear end with links and such. It pays fair (about 50 grand) and has good benefits. We are currently launching the new suspensions for the 07 Maxima and Altima.

SMOOTHIE95GT said:
I am a supervisor for a tier one supplier for Nissan,GM,Ford,Isuzu,and Honda. We primarly make the front and rear suspensions to either hold the entire engine or hold up the rear end with links and such. It pays fair (about 50 grand) and has good benefits. We are currently launching the new suspensions for the 07 Maxima and Altima.

DANA?