Where is your tax dollar...HAHAHA (pics of gear)

• Sponsors (?)

TT91 said:
it is all accounted for and must be returned...and its no where near 20 grand, try 5 or 6

Uh yea it is. All signed for and its around 20 for it, iba, plates,Mk249 gear, Boots,cold weather gear, hot weather gear, sleeping bags, wet weather gear, M.o.l.l.y gear,class A's, P.t's,battle dressings, Also just the R.F.I is 12 grand. So with C.I.F and all the 2nd and 3rd sets of stuff I got make it around 20 to 22. SO yes around 20....

mustangsally93 said:
Uh yea it is. All signed for and its around 20 for it, iba, plates,Mk249 gear, Boots,cold weather gear, hot weather gear, sleeping bags, wet weather gear, M.o.l.l.y gear,class A's, P.t's,battle dressings, Also just the R.F.I is 12 grand. So with C.I.F and all the 2nd and 3rd sets of stuff I got make it around 20 to 22. SO yes around 20....

I dont remember supplies costing that much...good luck.

LOL this post is hilarious. The first time I've seen a soldier complain about having too expensive gear. Maybe you'd like to deploy with an old vietnam steel pot, M-16A1, moldy surplus jungle boots, and no IBA instead?

BTW Iraq and Afghanistan do have a winter and it can get colder than a mofo. Leave those polys behind and you'll be sorry.

i dont see anything there even approaching 20 grand, even with 2 or 3 sets.... if you don't turn all that crap back in, you'll be buying it! you would personally pay an assload of money for that stuff if you bought it yourself, but the military pays a lot less. you get a little bit of a discount when you buy a few hundred thousand of a given item ;) like the man said, maybe 6 grand worth of stuff.....and like he said, if you ever get to the desert, 120 degrees during the day, some nights its gets to about 50 or so.......a temp change that drastic inone day is gonna feel like the dead of winter in maine!

Ummmm mustangsally93... you realize that some things are 4 eyes only right? Hint hint...

I love youy brother but... Let's just leave it as, "Hey look at all this **** you're paying for I won't ever need" haha and cut out all the dollar and cents and acronyms. :shrug:

Just because you are authorized to recieve an item out of supply does not mean that you have to get it. Here's an idea. Have some integrity, and leave the stuff for the poor guy that actually needs it. Your supply NCO should get his a@# kicked for abusing the system. If your response is that you are going to deploy and you will use it then be thankfull.