Which clutch cable?

• Sponsors (?)

Go with the MM clutch cable, much smoother action than any aftermarket cable, including FMS. They use a OEM ford cable from a yet to be determined stock application. Best money you will spend on a clutch related part.

Go with the MM clutch cable, much smoother action than any aftermarket cable, including FMS. They use a OEM ford cable from a yet to be determined stock application. Best money you will spend on a clutch related part.

+1

Made allllllllllllllll the difference in the world on my notch, and on Lynn's Capri. Best $75 I ever spent on my car's drivetrain. :nice:

Just don't buy the 45$ adjustable one that says "Made in Isreal", I seem to break at least one a year, the last one only lasted about six months. It's bad enough that I always have a spare. I keep putting it on because a place close to me stocks them, so I can get them quickly. The guy that owns the place says they break on everyone else's car too.

Next time I'm going to try the one listed above, hopefully I will get good life out of it.

As a side note, don't bother with the parts store clutch cables, either, even if they're non-adjustable. I had a Pioneer cable from either Checker or Autozone (they both carry Pioneer, last I checked), and it only lasted about 9 months in my notch before fraying and almost completely breaking - I could feel a little strand of steel break every time I pushed in the pedal, and it got tougher and tougher to disengage the clutch every time as it stretched out as I managed to limp the thing home. The friggin' thing only had like 3 strands left holding the turd together when I pulled it out. :notnice: