Votes: 24 39.3%
  • B) Enkei Racing GTV

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • C) Stock one's

Votes: 28 45.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
alan518 said:
the majority, doesnt like them,, losing quite badly actually,,,,, sorry to say,,, and dont get stuck on cobra r,, so much,, the wheels dont suit the car,,, period, end of story
as i told you before dude
grow up....
this is not a forum for kids!

• Sponsors (?)

dont hold up the cobra r as so great either

RisingForce said:
another person who thinks Cobra R looked japanese,,,,
:lol:

I like the attention I get for my rims, so thats why I wont sell them,,,, specially since I love the way it looks,,,
Also, FYI you dont have the option as of now to have RETRO-RIMS buddy,,, so anything you choose will look modern no matter what !:p
the cobra r was a piece of junk made with the old fox body, dated by so far and was just crap,,, maybe fast, but junk none the less, and the only thing worse was the convertibles that rattled like the junk they were . the new mustang is worlds better, with a much better platform,, no comparison

alan518 said:
the cobra r was a piece of junk made with the old fox body, dated by so far and was just crap,,, maybe fast, but junk none the less, and the only thing worse was the convertibles that rattled like the junk they were . the new mustang is worlds better, with a much better platform,, no comparison
If you think cobra r was a piece of junk, then what are you doin in thie MUSTANG forum?
ALSO,,,, what kinda car and rims do YOU have!???

I really like them with the car lowered!

I dont thikk their ricey at all.

The stock rims look decent from the side and thats about it. Maybe if they where 10" wide out back it would look better. Maybe thats why i like option B, cause they are wider.

But thats the beauty of this pole, to get everyones opinions! :D

the new mustang is why im here,

RisingForce said:
If you think cobra r was a piece of junk, then what are you doin in thie MUSTANG forum?
ALSO,,,, what kinda car and rims do YOU have!???
the new one is not a piece of junk,, just with those rims you have that ruin it,, other than that the black is really nice,, just have to clean it every ten seconds,,, so its nice that you have to clean your japanese inspired car every 10 seconds,, and it does say japanese on them as the previous fellow posted,, not that there is anything wrong with that!,,, however its bad on the new mustang,,, but anyway,, get your cleaner out

RisingForce said:
Also, FYI you dont have the option as of now to have RETRO-RIMS buddy,,, so anything you choose will look modern no matter what !:p

I see, so the 2004 Mach 1 wheel is not retro??? CAN YOU SAY MAGNUM 500??
And yes THEY WILL FIT!! They are already on my 05!!

Stang2k5 said:
I dont particularly like rims that show too much of the brake rotors/pads. Call me old school but in my book that stuff is not meant to be seen. Therefore my choice is A.

I'll second this opinion, adding that I believe these cars beg for a more retro wheel and a higer profile tire combination altogether. Option B looks better with the car lowered than at stock ride height, but wouldn't be my choice in any case. The '05 has a somewhat heavy look along the rear quarter (viewed from the side), and a thin spoked wheel with an ultra low profile tire only accentuates this, creating a rather disproportionate look.
Option A is OK, but rather ordinary...Option C is a nice wheel, but (again) looks more suited when used with a wider and taller profile tire. Personally, I'd like to see Magnums, slotted, or some Centerlines on these ponys.

i think your opnion is bang on

LXXVICOBRA said:
I'll second this opinion, adding that I believe these cars beg for a more retro wheel and a higer profile tire combination altogether. Option B looks better with the car lowered than at stock ride height, but wouldn't be my choice in any case. The '05 has a somewhat heavy look along the rear quarter (viewed from the side), and a thin spoked wheel with an ultra low profile tire only accentuates this, creating a rather disproportionate look.
Option A is OK, but rather ordinary...Option C is a nice wheel, but (again) looks more suited when used with a wider and taller profile tire. Personally, I'd like to see Magnums, slotted, or some Centerlines on these ponys.
i agree absolutely ,, what would you think of the wheels that were on the eleanor,, how do you think they would look on the 05?

It's really funny reading these Mustang forums, and how touchy everyone is if they think a car looks "Rice"! Its like Mustang versus Rice!!!Heaven forbid we should have anything on a mustang thats might be interpeted as Rice!! I think the "rice" is subjective and everyone has there own definition.

I Ordered my 05 with the choice C rims because they remind me of the Creager SS mags of old. Thats just me. I do like your choice B rims Rising Force, they do look similar to the Cobra R rims, and theres' nothing wrong with that. I dont care where the rims were made, your going to find a lot of Mustang owners like the Cobra R rims, they are very popular and dont think they look rice!!!! You put a poll up on that and I gaurentee you the cobra R rims are popular.

I see, so the 2004 Mach 1 wheel is not retro??? CAN YOU SAY MAGNUM 500??

I agree completely.

Come on, are you kidding? The stock '05 GT wheels are directly inspired by the Crager SS and, more so, the AR torq thrusts, which are almost direct copies themselves of ET's wheels from the 60's. Those were what was on McQueen's '68 in Bullitt. I don't know how you can get any more retro than that. I had the original ET's on my second car, a '72 Nova SS, beautiful wheels.

Personally I love the stock GT wheels, don't like the upgrades to much, and, although I like the wheels themselves in choice B, I don't like how they look on this car, personal opinion. I do like the Cobra R, but there also I don't think the wheels they put on it were flattering to the car. I'm old school as well, I'd love a set of 5 slot AR's or aluminum centerlines.

How about wheel choice D?

I'd rank them A, C, then B. I personally think they are the best wheels I have seen on one:
NAIAS8.jpg

Anyone know what brand they are or anything?