Which Supercharger is the loudest or best sound?

Screaminyellow7

Jun 13, 2004
Just checking out to see which blower has a good sound to it. I know that is the totally wrong reason for buying a supercharger. My first priority is def the power output. But nothing sounds better than an 03 cobra's or lighting's whine. I was wondering if vortech had a good sound to it, if it was more like a whistle or a whine? I probably going to go with vortech either way.

• Sponsors (?)

Centrifugals=whistle

Twin Screw=whine

The procharger I had was louder than any of the vortechs I've had on my car, even the JT race blower. In terms of "the way they sound", the Novi is my favorite but like you said, that shouldn't even be a thought when buying a blower.

I was on my way home from getting the ATI installed. I'm at a traffic light, some guy walks over to the passenger window and says"hey dude you got a blower in there"? Also an elderly neighbor says to me "sounds like you need an engine job". It has a real distinctive whistle. And it's fast as a ...... ......

Speed_Demon1965 said:
I was reading on the Kenne Bell website that some of their superchargers are "whisper quiet". Why would anyone want a quiet supercharger?

i had a Vortech V1. the sound got annoying. it is freakishly loud. i had a knocking sound from my engine and couldn't find out where it was comming from because the whistle was so loud.