Who here is in the Seattle area?

• Sponsors (?)

I live in Renton about 15 minutes southeast of Seattle. Generally mild and wet in the winter, but so far this year we've had more than our share of frozen mornings and snowy days. Good luck on the move!

65 in the summer is the average temp? Yeah 35-37, I could see it iceing up alot!! I'd like to be 30 minutes from Seattle in a nice area. I have an 11 year old daughter. Im a full time single dad so the less BS she has to deal with the better! I hear rush hour commute is a bitch. But what about off hours? Is traffic normal then?
I know most of you guys must be Pearl Jam fans. Have you heard the remake of the Who's song, Eddie's still awsome!:nice:

Summers are awesome here. I grew up in the southeast with the high heat and humidity, and I love it here in the summer. Icing is hit and miss, we've had a couple of snow/ice storms, and some freezing fog, but over all not too bad. At least not as bad as the northeast gets it.

65 in the summer is the average temp? Yeah 35-37, I could see it iceing up alot!! I'd like to be 30 minutes from Seattle in a nice area. I have an 11 year old daughter. Im a full time single dad so the less BS she has to deal with the better! I hear rush hour commute is a bitch. But what about off hours? Is traffic normal then?
I know most of you guys must be Pearl Jam fans. Have you heard the remake of the Who's song, Eddie's still awsome!:nice:

well, lookin forward to seein' ya at the meets. :nice:

If you want a nice neighborhood, Bellevue is great for raising kids, the neighborhoods are pretty quiet and there isn't much crime. As a matter of fact the boys and girls club of bellevue is the #1 in the country for raising kids. It's a priecey area but not as pricey as nice seattle neighborhoods, which still have higher crime because of how close it is to the worse areas.

well, lookin forward to seein' ya at the meets. :nice:

If you want a nice neighborhood, Bellevue is great for raising kids, the neighborhoods are pretty quiet and there isn't much crime. As a matter of fact the boys and girls club of bellevue is the #1 in the country for raising kids. It's a priecey area but not as pricey as nice seattle neighborhoods, which still have higher crime because of how close it is to the worse areas.

Thanks! I'll look into Bellevue. How far from Seattle is it?

99GTtony where were you from?

Thanks! I'll look into Bellevue. How far from Seattle is it?

99GTtony where were you from?

In traffic, it's about 1-2hrs, no traffic, it's like 10-15 mins from seattle.

Here's a view of bellevue taken from the golf course up on the hill.

View attachment 404624
on the lower left you can see the freeway (I-90) that leads to seattle, it's on the other side of the water.

You'd also be about 20min-2hrs away from places like these
View attachment 404626

this is what my neighborhood looks like in late spring
View attachment 404628

:hail2:

Is it basically rush hours? 9'ish in the morning and 5'ish in the afternoon?
Any other pics would be "GREATLY" appreciated!! Awsome neighborhood!!:nice:
Its sunny but it still looks cloudy out!

Actually, rush hour is from 7am-8pm. It goes down rediculous down to really congested at about 3pm, then at 5, it goes to I can't ****in believe this. Things are gonna get a bit better when we get SR-520 to be 6-lane. That's gonna be REAL nice.

I'll see if I can scrounge up some more pics, most of them will have my car in 'em though.

Actually, rush hour is from 7am-8pm. It goes down rediculous down to really congested at about 3pm, then at 5, it goes to I can't ****in believe this. Things are gonna get a bit better when we get SR-520 to be 6-lane. That's gonna be REAL nice.

I'll see if I can scrounge up some more pics, most of them will have my car in 'em though.

Holy ****!! So in other words I better live within 5 miles of my job! What part do you live in? (In the pic) Dam, thats blows about the traffic out there.

Nice ride PonyRide...I'll have to catch you at a show at Bowen Scarff in Kent...

This is a pic from the fall of '06. Have since got some Visus Aluminum Louvers on the back and painted the spoiler satin black. Next mods are the short throw and the CIA...then, ahem...the FRPP drag pack...will take some new pics in the spring

I'm trying to also get some AutoCross Solo setup at Marymoor Park in Redmond. They got they big ol' pavement lot where Circ Du Soliel sets up and dont' use it any other time (except for housing the utility trucks whenever a Mach 7 storm comes through! Ooof!)

BTW, I live in Sammamish...tame town, but I shake it up...:)

vbpgimage.php