Who mounts your tires?

sunil6784

Mar 31, 2005
Boston, MA
I've been looking at tires...I need at least 2. The prices are good online, but then when you add them to the price of mounting/balancing, I found i'm not saving any money. I called one place and they wanted 35.00 a wheel to mount and balance.

Who mounts your tires?

• Sponsors (?)

I either mount and balance or dad does it, costs me nothing. Were probably the cheapest place in town doing it for 25 bucks or so probably, unless we sell the tires, which then we give a discount like most places.

Les Schwab, but yall arent lucky enough to have em further east than utah I believe.... One of the best businesses out there. Period. Look it up. If I had to go somewhere where you are I would go to Discount Tire as well. They have done good by me...

Sunil, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I have the same issue (no friends in the tire business).
And I dont trust some of the smaller shops (who'd do it for cash and cheap) to touch chrome rims or do a proper static balance.

man I miss being able to do all my own stuff.

the last time I paid to have tires mounted, though, it was around 16 bucks a tire to get 31x10.50x15 BFG's on my Ranger...though I'm not sure if he charged a bit more for the bigger tires...