Why do Grand Prix try to race me?

edcar01gt said:
so what does your car run...?

I bought my Mustang last fall and started modding it this spring. I haven't had it to the track yet but I have monitored my progress with a G-Tech performance monitor. When my car was stock, I could run 0-60 mph in 6.1 seconds which is typical. With my current mods, I can run 0-60 mph in 5.1 seconds. My 60 ft time was 2.13 and my 1/8 mile time was 8.626 @ 80.16 mph. I guess my car would probably do mid 13s in the 1/4 mile. Only way to be sure, though, is to take it to the track.

• Sponsors (?)

JonJon said:
Car-Stats.com Report for 2002 Ford Mustang GT
Obtained from C&D November, 2002
0-60: 6.3 Transmission: Automatic
1/4 Mile: 15.1
1/4 Speed: 93

I guess GT's are slow too.

Ouch!! Thats painful!! I checked the 99' Stang, and they had 14.2 in the 1/4, wich seems about right,never thought to check out the 2002.[an auto wouldn't be that much slower would it?]
One of the guys I hang out with has a 99' GTP. We tested it with the new G-tech, and got:
1/4 mile.........15.18@ 96.4mph
Testing mine with the G-tech at the track, the G-tech had allmost the same times , but mph was consistantly 2-3 faster than the official mph.
Racing him, I can thrash him pretty easily.It's speed limited to 170km [107mph], not sure what it would do if that was removed.

I had a pair of chicks in a red Celica toying with me the other day, speeding up, and slowing down, laughing. We came up to a light, they took off, I let them win, making it sound like I was really trying...

Met them at the next light, they were laughing at me, pointing. I rolled my window down, looked over and said "Teh Celica can nevar looose!". The light turned green and they took off. I stayed even with them through 1st gear, waived at them, dropped second gear, broke loose and shot past them, tires smoking. They rolled their windows up and wouldn't even look at me at the next light.

Kids. :nonono:

I'm guessing most of these guys are your typical GTP wannabes but I wouldn't under estamate the GTP guys. I want to say the first GTPs S/C was in 95' and they ran like 15.5s stock. I know for a fact there is a 350+ GTP running here since I saw his pic/dyno sheet hanging on the wall of out local dyno shop. I've also been beaten by a 99' Bucik Regal with a S/C 3.8. I was running mid 15's at the time and this guy left me in the dust. This car was fully loaded with: leather seats, Sun roof and 4 drs. The guy said he ran like a mid 14 and all he did was swap pulleys on it.

GTP's are silly... had one guy who kept revving it and buzzing around by me on my way to a baby babtisml with my fiancee Angela. He had a"Just Do It" sticker bigger than life on the rear window and was with his chick. Ang and I were in a discussion about something semi-important, so I just ignored him. I mean, not trying to sound too cocky, but most of the time I don't even bother racing unless I think I might get beat. Sooo, anyways, this guys manages to get next to me at the stop light. I get there first and he swings around traffic in the turning lane to get to me. I can here the ultra-loud whine of his supercharger, so, I'm thinking this guy has tinkered with it. I'm still trying to ignore him, but I can feel him stare me down, so I decide that when the light hits, I'm going to give him the shot at beating me. Anyways, I hit it, and pass him by a couple of cars right away. Then my fiancee is slapping me in the arm yelling "STOP STOP!"... She is used to playing who can reach the speed limit first in the turbo cobra and has remained calm in some ridiculous street races, so immediately I listen, and look back in my rearview to see him getting pulled over by a cop. Ang said that when he took off, she was watching him, and he spun the tires badly and fishtailed a little. A state cop in the turn lane had to swerve to avoid his antics and immediately pulled him over. Her and I laughed forever at that one. Not only did he lose, but he got busted all in one big idiotic mistake. Just do it.

Pro-Hawk said:
I'm guessing most of these guys are your typical GTP wannabes but I wouldn't under estamate the GTP guys. I want to say the first GTPs S/C was in 95' and they ran like 15.5s stock. I know for a fact there is a 350+ GTP running here since I saw his pic/dyno sheet hanging on the wall of out local dyno shop. I've also been beaten by a 99' Bucik Regal with a S/C 3.8. I was running mid 15's at the time and this guy left me in the dust. This car was fully loaded with: leather seats, Sun roof and 4 drs. The guy said he ran like a mid 14 and all he did was swap pulleys on it.
1997 was the first year for the GTP.

tontot77 said:
GTP's are silly... had one guy who kept revving it and buzzing around by me on my way to a baby babtisml with my fiancee Angela. He had a"Just Do It" sticker bigger than life on the rear window and was with his chick. Ang and I were in a discussion about something semi-important, so I just ignored him. I mean, not trying to sound too cocky, but most of the time I don't even bother racing unless I think I might get beat.

I give ya :nice: for atleast thinking about not racing his dumb a$$ :D These types of people to me are more likely to get someone killed so I really try to stay away from them. Its like those damn ricers who goes out of there way to do dumb $$ chit trying to prove them selves. Those are the people I seem to atrack the most and they get on my damn nerves. Its like ..O ya you got a fart can on a SunBird and its got me shaking in fear :rolleyes:

JonJon said:
Car-Stats.com Report for 2002 Ford Mustang GT
Obtained from C&D November, 2002
0-60: 6.3 Transmission: Automatic
1/4 Mile: 15.1
1/4 Speed: 93

I guess GT's are slow too.

ehh hem me runs 15.1's... still need to goto the track since i got gears tho just havent had time :(

I find it amusing actually. Everyone looks at my car and thinks it's a Stock 96gt until i step into the throttle. I get all comers, GTP's, Grand Am's, GM Trucks and every rice bag mowing the asphalt. They usually only try once. i love when you spank em and then slow down they just sit in the other lane and won't pull up beside you again. It makes me laugh. It's usually some punk kid with his hat turned sideways. Say Bye!

GTP's are as fast or faster than 87-98 Mustang V8's. Throw on a couple of bolt-on's and they'll blow away 99+ GT's. There's nothing to really make fun of.

one on the local board here in Michigan runs mid-high 12's,
I got smoked by one a year ago, he kept revin on me and i'm like WTF why are you buggin me? so i dropped it in third,big mistake cause i was only goin like 40, and he pulled on me just as hard as a z-06 i raced..lol.. Second woulda been better but I think he still woulda walked me pretty good..

I don't have much in the engine department but when I stomp the gas the front end jumps up pretty good with the 4.10's. So if anyone was thinking of taking me on that doesn't have a car worthy (read LS1 or other Stangs) they think twice. I had a guy a few weeks ago in a GTP follow me through traffic after I passed him and settled in behind me at the light. I stepped on it at green and left him sitting. After that he wasn't trying to chase me down anymore. Thing is my cars bark is worse than it's bite. Sort of like the Fonz...never gets in a fight because it is too cool.