Why Do I Drag Race? (a self test)

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
Just some dumb stuff

I posted this a long time ago on another board, (when I used to have that big-assed turbo mustang drag car) and thought that some of the situations could be applied to owning a mustang (or any hobby car for that matter)

As loyal hobbyists, we all strive to "improve" the performance of our cars. Whether it's the endless pursuit to go that next tenth faster, or just get it looking like it'll go faster, it's all about sacrifice.
This is a test to determine your passion for the sport of drag racing:

Which category do you fall in?

Category a:

1. I own a racecar because I like to go real fast.
2. I own a racecar because It's mine and I built it.
3. I own a racecar because I like the sport.
4. I own a racecar because it's the most fun you can have w/ your clothes on.

OR...

Category B:

1. While I continually gripe about the price of a gallon of regular or diesel, I don't think twice about spending $8.00 or more for the stuff I pour into the racecar.
(then watch it go away at a rate=to gallons per mile)
1.a While I continually gripe about the price of a gallon of regular or diesel, I don't think twice about spending $100.00 or more to fill the tank of my tow vehicle so I can get my racecar to the track.
(and the tank will be completely empty by the time I get my racecar back home)

2. I don't mind putting off fixing the house for another year, cause right now the racecar needs a new set of tires.

3. despite the fact that I smashed everything under the racecar, all my friends thought the wheelie was way cool.

4. I prefer to stay broke.(And the racecar likes it that way)
4.a Despite the fact that my psychiatrist says that cars can't talk, when I discussed it with the racecar, the racecar told me to tell the shrink to f**k off!

5. As a kid, I liked to blow stuff up ( models, G.I. joes, cats) Now that I'm all growed up, I wait all week to see if I can do the same. (on the racecar)

6. In order to guarantee the above, I usually:
a. Turn on the second kit.
b. Turn the motor past 8000.
c. Ignore all the popping and banging.
d. All of the above.

6. I own a racecar cause it's the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

• Sponsors (?)