Why the price difference in mufflers?

• Sponsors (?)

So I see alot of banter on here about what exhausts and mufflers are being used? Thought there would be more conversation about this??
Why did anyone here pick the muffler they did for their car?
TY all...

I was at the Mustang Round up in Bellevue and another fox drove by. I was floored by the sound of this car and I yelled to the guy "what exhaust is that?" he said Flowmaster and that was it... I ordered the American Thunder cat back kit. That kit was on the car for 20 years, about 80% of which was daily driving, until it developed holes, at which time I ordered the second AT kit, with Super 44s...

I see a lot of mention of the "dreaded drone" but I've never felt like it was too loud or too drony...would like it a little louder actually, but it sounds excellent. I remember when I put the first kit on, I got done around midnight and the difference from stock on the first fire up was stunning. Drove all over town grinning ear to ear...

Thanks all for the comments on here....
My plan is to install this ( coming next week)
1690031928166.png

And maybe this ( havent made up my mind yet)
Then measure for the largest mufflers ( up to a point) I can install ..

1690032116208.png
You're not worried about a possible gas smell going catless?

Thanks all for the comments on here....
My plan is to install this ( coming next week)
1690031928166.png

And maybe this ( havent made up my mind yet)
Then measure for the largest mufflers ( up to a point) I can install ..

1690032116208.png
Where did you find that H pipe? I thought a lot of the retailers stopped selling those.

Where did you find that H pipe? I thought a lot of the retailers stopped selling those.
LAR performance out of New Joisey....
I read the same thing so when I found this I ordered it up..
Had to decide between a h pipe or Xpipe and I felt that an H Pipe would better suit my needs....

Gotcha.... just seem to have read about multiple Fox owners that regretted ditching the cats on these cars (due to the gas smell).
I have read the same comments so we will see.... Never bothered me in my dodge, and the 440 in it ran a little rich.....
Made a point NOT to overcarb the mustang. Using a Summit 500 CFM 4 barrel.....
DSCF1357.JPG

Last edited: