Wide band guys come in!

hotmustang331

Apr 29, 2004
Bastrop,TX
Ok, so im curious as to what your gauge reads, vs what the dyno reads. My car for instance was showing a 12.0-1 or so A/F adverage on the dyno, but now after I installed my wide band im getting 11.1-11.4 depending on the weather @ WOT. :shrug:
Low RPM where my GRAPH shows to go near 13-1 and then richening to 12-1 is showing a 10.X-1 A/F LEANING to 11-1 on my gauge. HOWEVER @ idle my gauge reads 14.2-15.6 fluctuating...so adverage of 14.7-15 generally....thats exactly what the dynos wideband read @ idle.

My gauge was free air calibrated as well and based on cruize A/F and idle A/F it seems dead on. So what do you guys think?

Here is my grapgh so you san see what they dyno shows A/F to be.

101_0251.jpg

And this is a rough drawing of basically what im seeing now. (blue)

101_02511.jpg

Attachments

• 101_0251.jpg
    101_0251.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 101_02511.jpg
    101_02511.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Sponsors (?)

your a/f ratio will almost always be different on the road than on a dyno. the dyno just doesn't have the load that you get when driving on the street. that's why tuning on the street is best. it could also be their O2 sensor not calibrated correctly.

Yea maybe the load wasnt very high and the EEC just ran it a bit lean. Well i know for a fact that there really wasnt any load on the car....I never heard a PEEP out of the turbos. All you heard was exhaust (which isnt THAT loud). On the street the turbos come alive and start wistling @ 5PSI or so....you can really hear it. :drool:

My wideband has an outlet for datalogging, and I have it placed inside the car....have the cable that goes to it to a lap top....but one problem. I havnt bought a lap top yet LOL.

Im really leaning towards their 02 not being accurate. I was the first person on the dyno in 2 weeks, so who knows. Iv been just running around @ 9.0 PSI....and she is doing fine. I cant believe it, but there is a BIG difference between 9.0PSI and the 9.6PSI I was running before. Apparently these bad boys are just coming in :D

was the wideband they where using a sniffer or did they acutally install on in you bung in the x pipe. i know it would be different if they used a sniffer becuase it alows mor time for the fuel mixture to mix by the time it get out of the tail pipe

You can give me your wideband set up :nice:

Actually--is that something that I should look into purchasing? I'm soon to be running a nitrous kit though will be getting dyno'd with the wideband :shrug:

^ SO I take it the wideband reads richer than the sniffer?

Most of the pull was 12.0-1...so with me running mid-low 11s, it isnt that far off then. Sweet, thanks guys!

I would D98GT...that way you can tell if your fuel system is getting weak over time, or your N20 fuel solenoid is going bad. You will probably want a 12-1 A/F on the spray....but im no expert with N20 :shrug: