Wide band now Tweecer rt later.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes... you can use the EGR sensor wire to data log your AFR through the RT. There are instructions for doing that on the TwEECer forum. I believe that the PLX meter also has an analog out that you wire through the EGR position sensor. My only gripe about the PLX is that has no data-log feature but if you're going to log through the RT then that really doesn't matter. The PLX is a nicer looking unit IMO.

gt-351 said:
I'm no longer using my egr.

That's ok... the wire that the computer uses as the EGR position sensor is what you want. Not the EGR itself. There's setting that you change within the software to tell it that you're using it as a wideband reference instead of an EGR reference.

Just to make sure I understand.

You can only data log one O2 with the Tweecer?
And you have to give up functionality of the EGR to do so?

Is there another way?

thanks
jason

No no no...

The LM-1 is capable of data logging all by itself. It requires no assistance from any other piece of hardware to do it. It will data log just one wideband unless you also get an Aux Box and wire in a second as an external sensor.

If you want to data log your wideband signal through your TwEECer RT then you would use the analog output from the LM-1 and wire it into the EGR position sensor wire going to your EEC. This wire is monitored by the EEC for EGR position but it's inputs are not used in any way by the EEC for tuning or making adjustments. In other words, aside from being able to spit out a code for the EGR not working, it's worthless. Because of that, folks use it to monitor Air Fuel ratio instead. The purpose of doing that is so when you display your tuning bar graph (you can display 13 properties or sensors at a time) you can see your AFR in relation to everything else you've datalogged with the TwEECer.

So in a nutshell. You do not require a TwEECer to datalog but it's nice to have the info there so you can view it all at once. The TwEECer software has a function build into it that allows proper display of AFR through this EGR position sensor wire.

By the way... if you DO still have your EGR hooked up... It does not require that this senor wire be hooked up to it to properly operate. The EGR will function just fine without the EEC looking at it.

The TwEECer will data log ALL 02 sensors who's signals are routed through the EEC. The stock sensors are narrow band and their data is pretty much worhtless for anything other than telling the EEC that AFR is stoich.

So in effect... you'll get data from 3 02 sensors. But only one of them is a wideband.

Did that answer your question?

Daggar said:
No no no...

The LM-1 is capable of data logging all by itself. It requires no assistance from any other piece of hardware to do it. It will data log just one wideband unless you also get an Aux Box and wire in a second as an external sensor.

If you want to data log your wideband signal through your TwEECer RT then you would use the analog output from the LM-1 and wire it into the EGR position sensor wire going to your EEC. This wire is monitored by the EEC for EGR position but it's inputs are not used in any way by the EEC for tuning or making adjustments. In other words, aside from being able to spit out a code for the EGR not working, it's worthless. Because of that, folks use it to monitor Air Fuel ratio instead. The purpose of doing that is so when you display your tuning bar graph (you can display 13 properties or sensors at a time) you can see your AFR in relation to everything else you've datalogged with the TwEECer.

So in a nutshell. You do not require a TwEECer to datalog but it's nice to have the info there so you can view it all at once. The TwEECer software has a function build into it that allows proper display of AFR through this EGR position sensor wire.

By the way... if you DO still have your EGR hooked up... It does not require that this senor wire be hooked up to it to properly operate. The EGR will function just fine without the EEC looking at it.

The TwEECer will data log ALL 02 sensors who's signals are routed through the EEC. The stock sensors are narrow band and their data is pretty much worhtless for anything other than telling the EEC that AFR is stoich.

So in effect... you'll get data from 3 02 sensors. But only one of them is a wideband.

Did that answer your question?
So (utilizing the TwEECer program), I could collect data from wideband sensors, via the stock sensor inputs?

My plan is to replace the stock sensors with wideband O2 sensors.

I do not wish to give up functionality of the EGR. In fact I wish to be able to modify the egr actuation, and even enhance it in some situations.
I apologize for not making much sense, but beer will do that to a man.

Thank you for all the advice\,

jason

You do not need to give up functionality of the EGR; only the EEC's monitoring of it's position.

Replacing the narrow band 02s with widebands isn't really a viable option unless you have some way to convert their signals into narrow band signals bfore hitting the EEC --or-- replacing the EEC with some other ECU that's capable to making use of data from wide band sensors (the AEM ECU is one of those).