wideband AFR vs. $30 gauge

67rcks

Feb 20, 2008
I was about to get a regular air fuel gauge and regular o2 sensor hoping that it will give me enough info to set the correct air/fuel mixture. Autometer, sunpro makes them - cost 30-70 US.

Some folks say that such gauge is useless and blinks all over the place = difficult (if not impossible) to read and that wideband is way to go. What's your experience? Is it worth spending $250 for a wideband kit?

• Sponsors (?)

WOT means at some 6K rpm? Can you also read NB gauge when main circuit kicks in i.e. at some 2500-3000 rpm to be able to set the floatsmaybe play with jets? (holley DP with mech. secondaries)

Hi,

I have an Innovate wide band and it works great. I f you have the money,l go for the wide band. The data logging and tuning capabilities are worth it. Maybe you can split the cost with your best bud.
Happy Motoring!

any have opinions on the AEM wideband guage? they seem pretty affordable and even have different face plates and rings.

I have been looking at one of these to aid me in fine tuning the carb vs paying for dyno time.

Ive had my wideband for years now and still works fine. The last 3 yrs has been all race gas. While I haven't checked its calibration, just from what it does at the track and setting idle fuel etc etc it seems to be still very close to what it should be.