wideband and fuel map tuning.

94Blue302GT

Oct 20, 2003
Chicago
My main thing is to datalog my A/F and tune it. I want to study what goes on, see where the holes are and fix it. Also, I want to play slightly with the timing.
I was looking at this wideband with logger, as i had stated in a previous post, but now what to tune with? It doesn't have to be real elaborate, but I was also thinking of trying to eliminate the 10 year old stock computer.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php

OH, also, cost is important.

• Sponsors (?)

94Blue302GT said:
My main thing is to datalog my A/F and tune it. I want to study what goes on, see where the holes are and fix it. Also, I want to play slightly with the timing.
I was looking at this wideband with logger, as i had stated in a previous post, but now what to tune with? It doesn't have to be real elaborate, but I was also thinking of trying to eliminate the 10 year old stock computer.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php

OH, also, cost is important.

Anything that I have seen that would take the place of the stock pcm is ......
MEGA BUCKS.

The kind of stuff like F1 or other high dollar roundy roundy pro racing teams might use.

Maybe I don't understand what you got on your mind
but
Your stock pcm is not lacking any ability for most of the things the average street/strip combo guy is trying to do.

Grady

94Blue302GT said:
ehhh, i don't like the squirt, cuz it doesn't use maf, it uses manifold pressure.

Ok, so lets say i have the wideband with the link i described above, with the datalogging, then what?

Looks like to me the link is talking about a wide band that has six channels to allow more inputs.

Looks like you will need extra epuipment to be able to data log on those other six channels.

Bottom line is, it looks to be you can see data but can't access, change, or adjust it.

You still would need an interface to access the pcm it looks like to me.

Grady

it has the ABILITY to have 6 channels, it only uses one for a wideband and it datalogs to put info on the computer. With that, i should be able to change my settings on my pcm, so yeah, how should i go about doing that? Or is there something that comes WITH a wideband that does it?

i have the lm-1. it is a good piece. if i remember correctly you need the rpm converter to log the six(1 ground 5 aux) channels. and if i am correct that is how you datalog things other than just afr with the lm-1. but as mr. grady said you'll need something to access the pcm and change values.