Wierd trunk noise

RedStang88

Aug 14, 2003
Hey guys when I start my car I hear a wierd buzzing sound from trunk when Im inside my car. The only things back there are aftermarket taillights and the electronic trunk release. Do you think it could be either of these and what to do to fix it? BTW, there are no speakers so I know its not that.

• Sponsors (?)

sure its not your fuel pump? Turn the key just to the point before it will start but all your accesories kick on. At this point you can hear the fuel pump kick on, is that the same noise?

when you can start to hear a whine from your pump its a good indication that its starting to go. Mine does that now but Im installing a new one along w/ the rest of the mods by May so that prob will be fixed.

Your pump will have a normal whine to it but when it becomes excessive, like you can hear it from up front when its ideling then it might be bad. All depneds on the miles that are on it and what not. It wont break the bank getting it replaced if you think its bad so it might be worth it to throw on another pump if you think thats what is wrong, just make sure its nothing else first.