Will 15X10 Draglites fit a stock fox??

• Sponsors (?)

They will fit as long as your tire width is no more than 11" or so. You may have to flip your quad shocks around. For sure 275 50 15 tires will fit even 295's have been known to fit that is almost 12" wide. You might get a little rubbing going over bumps...might not, you could always "roll" the fenders a little bit if there are any clearance issues.

it really all depends on the backspacing of the wheel, a 5 and 1/2" backspaced will fit, but a 6 and 1/2" backspaced will hit the frame rails. I run 8" wide with 4 and 1/2" backspacing and 275/60/15 BFGoodrich Drag Radials with no rubbing, but my fenders have been rolled too. So that helps, especially if there are people in the back seat, which there never is except for my daughter and she don't weigh 25 pounds, so it's not a problem for me. I will probably be going to 10" wide myself soon, but with a 5 and 1/2 backspacing.

Jimmys 92LX said:
it really all depends on the backspacing of the wheel, a 5 and 1/2" backspaced will fit, but a 6 and 1/2" backspaced will hit the frame rails. I run 8" wide with 4 and 1/2" backspacing and 275/60/15 BFGoodrich Drag Radials with no rubbing, but my fenders have been rolled too. So that helps, especially if there are people in the back seat, which there never is except for my daughter and she don't weigh 25 pounds, so it's not a problem for me. I will probably be going to 10" wide myself soon, but with a 5 and 1/2 backspacing.

The 6.5" BS will not hit rub on any part of the frame, but you CANNOT run a quad shock with it. It is a tighter fit, but fits inside the wheel well nicely, though you may have some rubbing depending on tire size. The 5.5" BS will stick out far enough that if the rear squats you will rub the fenderlips -- rolling them is almost a must with this BS. With either setup you may have to adjust exhaust.

89Mustang is right, you will have to remove the quad shocks with any backspacing 10" wide wheel. I tried a set of them on my 92 with a 6 and 1/2" BS and the tire that was mounted on the rim (275/50/15) hit right on the frame rail, I had the car on a floor jack and could not even turn the tire it rubbed so bad. I know the 5 and 1/2" BS will fit, even with my 275/60/15's.

Jimmys 92LX said:
89Mustang is right, you will have to remove the quad shocks with any backspacing 10" wide wheel. I tried a set of them on my 92 with a 6 and 1/2" BS and the tire that was mounted on the rim (275/50/15) hit right on the frame rail, I had the car on a floor jack and could not even turn the tire it rubbed so bad. I know the 5 and 1/2" BS will fit, even with my 275/60/15's.

That wasn't really what I said. You can run quads with a 5.5" BS 10" wheel, though tiresize also becomes an issue.

I'm not real sure why your tires hit the framerail, they should have hit other stuff before that -- maybe the taller tire will act a little different in what it contacts? I run 10" wheels, 6.5" BS, with 26x11.50's and no rubbing except in one spot on tight corners -- and that's with no hammering or adjustments at all.

Good stuff

I'm glad you posted this thread LarsD because I was wondering this question myself.

Rim width effects the size of the contact patch and the stability of the tire. Most run 8" wide 15" wheels, but 10" wide will allow a wider tire and keep it more stable. You could run a 265/60R15 on a 8" or 10", but it's going to sway around more on the 8" wide wheel. I want as much beef under the rear as I can get because power is usless without traction.

cjman15 said:
Why do you need quad-shocks anyway?

Quad shocks are just dampeners. I don't understand the hate towards them. If you do start to wheel hop, they will dampen it, considering they are working properly. If wheel hop isn't a problem, and you take them off and still no wheel hop, then they are just extra weight. If wheel hop is a problem these will probally cure the problem.