Will 295/35 fit 18x9???

02GTRX

I told an admin to shut up...now I live with the S
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Sep 27, 2004
I just ordered sum BFG t/a ZR (really cheap $119 each at tire rack) in the 295/35/18 size but forget to check if they would fit my rim, I have 18x9's. Can anyone help me out with this?

• Sponsors (?)

02GTRX said:
I just ordered sum BFG t/a ZR (really cheap $119 each at tire rack) in the 295/35/18 size but forget to check if they would fit my rim, I have 18x9's. Can anyone help me out with this?

I guess you could try it but it will be a tight fit with some bulging.

A lot of people are running 275's on stock 8" rims. I am running 295's on a 10" rim and that sits perfect.

Here is a pic I have of 295/30/18. They are not mine, but I remember the owner posting this original pic said it was a tight fit and a bitch for the shop to install. But they did it.

View attachment 515974

But i know yours are 295/35, so i dont know if thats going to make a difference. Hopefull it works out for you...

02GTRX said:
WTF???? can you give me the link? i cant find them and WANT THEM BAD!!!!

btw, my buddy has some 315s on a 17x9 wheel. id say GO FOR IT!

My 275s are flush with the rim. Adding 20mm is only 10mm on either side. Should be fine. I think I've seen pics before. Itll be easier to mount than the 30 series due to the extra sidewall. I'm looking for a thread I saw before with pics. I may order a couple of those tires tonight. Anyone have experience with them? Grip well?

Found the thread, and some pics of the same size on 18x9s. Looks good.

attachment.php

I'm going to order two tonight I think...

Thread:

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=525137&highlight=295

Changed my mind. I read some more about those tires. They are discontued and dont seem too good really. I think I'll wait and pay the 215 for the new BFG Drag radials in the same sixe.

007 said:
Changed my mind. I read some more about those tires. They are discontued and dont seem too good really. I think I'll wait and pay the 215 for the new BFG Drag radials in the same sixe.
Good decision, I love mine and I almost forgot that pic of my car you posted. :nice: They hook like a mofo on the street and are good for low 1.8's and 1.7's at the track.

03-s281 said:
Good decision, I love mine and I almost forgot that pic of my car you posted. :nice: They hook like a mofo on the street and are good for low 1.8's and 1.7's at the track.

I really like the way the tread patttern looks too... :nice:

They fit but they bulge about 3/4'', other then that they grab NICE! looks like I have a drag radial in the back.