Will 295/35 fit 18x9???

02GTRX

I told an admin to shut up...now I live with the S
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Sep 27, 2004
I just ordered sum BFG t/a ZR (really cheap $119 each at tire rack) in the 295/35/18 size but forget to check if they would fit my rim, I have 18x9's. Can anyone help me out with this?

02GTRX said:
I just ordered sum BFG t/a ZR (really cheap $119 each at tire rack) in the 295/35/18 size but forget to check if they would fit my rim, I have 18x9's. Can anyone help me out with this?

I guess you could try it but it will be a tight fit with some bulging.

A lot of people are running 275's on stock 8" rims. I am running 295's on a 10" rim and that sits perfect.

Here is a pic I have of 295/30/18. They are not mine, but I remember the owner posting this original pic said it was a tight fit and a bitch for the shop to install. But they did it.

View attachment 515974

But i know yours are 295/35, so i dont know if thats going to make a difference. Hopefull it works out for you...

02GTRX said:
WTF???? can you give me the link? i cant find them and WANT THEM BAD!!!!

btw, my buddy has some 315s on a 17x9 wheel. id say GO FOR IT!

My 275s are flush with the rim. Adding 20mm is only 10mm on either side. Should be fine. I think I've seen pics before. Itll be easier to mount than the 30 series due to the extra sidewall. I'm looking for a thread I saw before with pics. I may order a couple of those tires tonight. Anyone have experience with them? Grip well?

Changed my mind. I read some more about those tires. They are discontued and dont seem too good really. I think I'll wait and pay the 215 for the new BFG Drag radials in the same sixe.

007 said:
Changed my mind. I read some more about those tires. They are discontued and dont seem too good really. I think I'll wait and pay the 215 for the new BFG Drag radials in the same sixe.
Good decision, I love mine and I almost forgot that pic of my car you posted. They hook like a mofo on the street and are good for low 1.8's and 1.7's at the track.

03-s281 said:
Good decision, I love mine and I almost forgot that pic of my car you posted. They hook like a mofo on the street and are good for low 1.8's and 1.7's at the track.

I really like the way the tread patttern looks too...

They fit but they bulge about 3/4'', other then that they grab NICE! looks like I have a drag radial in the back.