Will 75mm elbow work with a non-ported Performet intake?

• Sponsors (?)

What kind of TB do you plan on using? If its 70mm then you dont have to touch the intake. If the TB is 75mm then you will have to port the intake opening to make the 75mm elbow hole.

This is the deal,

This guy is selling a 75mm edelbrock TB and 75mm edelbrock elbow.
I will buy a Performer intake, I will probably not port it.

This are my first heavy mods, will they work together?

It's not going to really make a difference. The only thing that I've found is that with a 70mm, low end bucking is more noticeable and the throttle is really touchy at low speeds because of the increased air flow. For stock heads and cam a 65mm is enough, hell the stock 60mm is plenty. I wouldn't even worry about upgrading until your well into H/C/I.

Jake

GTJake said:
It's not going to really make a difference. The only thing that I've found is that with a 70mm, low end bucking is more noticeable and the throttle is really touchy at low speeds because of the increased air flow. For stock heads and cam a 65mm is enough, hell the stock 60mm is plenty. I wouldn't even worry about upgrading until your well into H/C/I.

Jake
jake is right....if i did it again i probably wouldnt have bought mt FMS TB....a 65mm is prolly still gonna be enough with a H/C/I swap as well...dont get me wrong though....i LOVE the piece...just didnt give a real noticable gain on a stock motor....

Anthony