Will I have tire rubbing issues?

I'm set to buy 285/35-18s for the rear. I know there are no issues with this tire size concerning the fender and quad shock. However, looking at the undercarriage of my car today, I measured that my one of my rear tires (225s) are about .8 inches away from my left tail pipe. I'm concerned that I might run into some rubbing problems when I switch over to 285s.

I'm also going with H&R super sports (probably makes no difference).

Any suggestions? Maybe a 1/4" wheel spacer?

• Sponsors (?)

i'm assuming your switching wheels as well to accommodate that size tire. most wheels are offset differently to allow for the wider meat. you shouldn't have any problems. the H&Rs lower it pretty good so you might have some issues there. to give you an idea, i have ford c-springs with 305/35 mickey thompsons and no rubbing what so ever. so you shouldn't have any problems.

i'm assuming your switching wheels as well to accommodate that size tire. most wheels are offset differently to allow for the wider meat. you shouldn't have any problems. the H&Rs lower it pretty good so you might have some issues there. to give you an idea, i have ford c-springs with 305/35 mickey thompsons and no rubbing what so ever. so you shouldn't have any problems.

Yessir. I'm getting these: Mustang Deep Dish Black FR500 Wheels at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Thanks for the info!

Just got my slotted rotors, ceramic pads, springs, clear fogs, chin spoiler, shorty antennae, and camber plates in the mail today. Just waiting on the rims! I'll post pics when all of it is on.

I have 17x10.5 with 315/35 nitto 555 and I had to flip my quad shock as well as roll the inside fender a bit with a BFH haha. I think you should be fine with 10 inch wheels and 285s. My car isnt lowered though.

I have 17x10.5 with 315/35 nitto 555 and I had to flip my quad shock as well as roll the inside fender a bit with a BFH haha. I think you should be fine with 10 inch wheels and 285s. My car isnt lowered though.

I have the same size wheels and tires and didnt have to flip the quads and no BFH was used to get them to fit.