Will they fit ?

I just put 275/40/17 nitto dr's on 17x9's and had to remove the quad shocks. Tried reversing them but made no difference so they came off. It's a 92 lx notch sitting at stock height. No other issues w/ that set-up. No rubbing at all.

What did you do to remedie removing the quad shocks? did you replace with something else? or just take them off?

PRO50SC said:
I just put 275/40/17 nitto dr's on 17x9's and had to remove the quad shocks. Tried reversing them but made no difference so they came off. It's a 92 lx notch sitting at stock height. No other issues w/ that set-up. No rubbing at all.

Yes 275's should fit fine. You might have to flip the quad's, but I don't think you should need to roll or beat on anything...

I run 285/40/17s with flipped quads (not removed), rolled fenderlips, and a little "massaging" of the inner fenderwell. Only rub I get is if I hit a pothole or something similar at like 40+mph, and thats probably thanks to my 11 year old stock suspension, not the tires.

I'm still trying to figure out how you reversed your control arms???

I think I meant to say "Quads" I am still learning the lingo. I had it done at a shop while having the 5 lug conversion put on.

That's a good thread since I want to get some Nitto's as well and I also run 17X8 rim...I made a thread but really got no answers...So if the 275/40/17 will fit on a 17X8 rim without any issues I am there...My car is stock height and has tail pipes...that is the one thing I am worried about is the tail pipes rubbing but as long as the tires won't run against the lip I'll be happy...just need few more confirmations to ensure this is ture...

I have 255/45/17 on rear right now, looking at it I would think I would have enogh room. I have turn downs, but could see how the pipes could get in the way.

Millhouse thank you for the good info...If you are wrong though I am driving to Lansing, MI to have a word with you...j/k...so you didn't have to flip the quads? No rubing on the lip area either? How far off the sidewall do those stick out? Thanks again...

Rof . One thing to keep in mind is that I do not have my car lowered yet, so I believe that came into play as far as the quads being flipped is concerened. I have no rubbing issues anywhere. Here's a few pics of what it looks like with the stock ride height. For some reason they look a tad bit narrower than in real life. Let me assure you they have quite a nice footprint.

Highbredcloud said:
Looks good Millhouse...that exhaust does seem close though...yeah mine car is not lowered either so it should work...thanks for the pix...that just answered my question and as everyones elses I hope...Thanks again...

Thank you. I did have to adjust my pipes a tad bit, but nothing major.