will this work?

LXstang5.0

Dec 23, 2006
Ohio
i was thinking of refurnishing my interior and i got a idea.....on the stock door panels on my car (its a 90 hatch lx) the bottom of the door has those ugly pouches. i was thinking would the carpet from the earlier model stangs (86) would fit in the same spot where those pouches are without any modding. if anyone has sone thos pics would be appreciated!!!!

yea the color im not to worried about. but i def. want to get ride of those pouches cuz i think they make the door/interior really ugly.....is there a lot of work involved with it?

mine just caught french fries and straw wrappers
I made a custom speaker cover that basically goes the entire bottom of the door to get rid of those damn things.

The panels that hold the map pocket come off very easily. I removed mine and wrapped them in perforated leather that I had left over from recovering my seats.

Much cleaner looking than the sagging pockets.

Not sure if the carpet area comes off of the older door panels, but the newer ones they are real simple to take the pockets off. Then remove the pocket from the board, then take the vinyil off and maybe just throw some carpet or new vinyl on that.