I can't recall the details, but the interior PAINT and interior DYE are different. If I had to guess right now, I think the dye comes out more dull.

I have the burgundy/scarlet interior in mine and, if you need, I can try to find an old can of (whatever I used, from LMR/50 Resto) in the garage. It matched perfectly. FWIW I've also picked up the proper match at O'Reilly's before. I think it's called something like Ford / Scarlet or Ford / Burgundy.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I can't recall the details, but the interior PAINT and interior DYE are different. If I had to guess right now, I think the dye comes out more dull.

I have the burgundy/scarlet interior in mine and, if you need, I can try to find an old can of (whatever I used, from LMR/50 Resto) in the garage. It matched perfectly. FWIW I've also picked up the proper match at O'Reilly's before. I think it's called something like Ford / Scarlet or Ford / Burgundy.
So I used the lmr spray cans, then they even sent me a new set of cans bc their first set was a bad batch. Even though from a distance it looks fine, I can just tell that it doesn’t match exactly. That glossy pop the original has doesn’t happen either. Usually i spray armor all the interior but when I tried a little on the new piece it seemed to wipe the dye off so I left it be.

Have you heard anymore on this? LMR has thiers at a pretty decent discount right now, but a piece I wouldn't need to paint would be better.

Here we go.

IMG_2001.jpg

https://www.foxresto.com/searchresu...s&Submit=&mc_cid=857c605705&mc_eid=c7d7b9e92f

Reactions: 5 users
They came up with one that has USB ports after half of the fox owners bought the first one? Bastards

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
They came up with that one with USB ports after half of the fox owners bought the first one? Bastards

Different company. This one is Daniel Carpenter Reproductions.

Personally I'm not wowed by it. Just some cheap $3 Chinese USB ports that look like an afterthought where they are mounted. Nothing OEM-like about it.

Cup holders are part of the console, but the best thing about it is its molded in black, or 87/89 gray.

I'll stick with my LMR panel. I'd rather wire in a hidden USB plug

• Agree
Or you guys instead of cutting into your console you could just leave it be and update your radio head unit, have a full range of BT, pandora etc options and they come with a hidden USB port which you can play through as well or just let it charge your phone. I finally updated my 1999 Sony CD player to this new alpine head unit. Sounds way better, was scared about wiring it up but ended up doing it, plus now I have my phone charger plus a better stereo that I can BT through. I contemplated putting one of those cheap ports in but imo they make it look just that, kinda cheap
2F7C488E-7563-46B9-AABE-E89CA2A1F251.jpeg
0B42FACB-A20F-40E8-AF4B-6413702E7B42.jpeg

That's exactly why I never added a USB port to mine. Getting the urge to upgrade my stereo so I figure let it charge my phone.

That's all I really need. One port to keep the phone happy

That's exactly why I never added a USB port to mine. Getting the urge to upgrade my stereo so I figure let it charge my phone.

Yes sir, so glad I finally updated. I had to find my huge case logic cd case lol and finally said I’ve wanted an alpine forever, and to me are still one of the best. No more CDs. Now I got a charge port for my phone if needed and I can listen via bt etc and the sound quality compared to that old Sony was crazy, it way louder. Now I’m debating on upgrading the speakers! :D

It sounds like a good idea, but it also begs the question of whether or not you're ever or will be in the car long enough to worry about battery life.

When you say upgrade your stereo, are you talking about upgrading the OEM head unit you have, or are you talking aftermarket? If aftermarket, would a bluetooth-capable head unit be sufficient while allowing you to refrain from drilling holes somewhere?

It sounds like a good idea, but it also begs the question of whether or not you're ever or will be in the car long enough to worry about battery life.

When you say upgrade your stereo, are you talking about upgrading the OEM head unit you have, or are you talking aftermarket? If aftermarket, would a bluetooth-capable head unit be sufficient while allowing you to refrain from drilling holes somewhere?

My phone battery sucks. I can't use GPS at all unless hooked to a power source or I'll kill it in 20 min.

I'm taking full modern touch screen double din. I just have yet to solve the "no drill" problem. It needs to be fully reversible

As much as I love my oem CD player, I no longer have CDs and don't listen to local radio. I usually do Sirius or Spotify on my drive, so I'd like a radio capable of that as well

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I still have all my old cds stored away. I bring a few out at a time to relive the good old days. Really only listen to them every once in a while in my DD Tacoma I’ve had for 17 years with the stock CD player. 40 mile round trip to work everyday.

I do wonder how hard it would be to wire those ports as full USB data ports and run them to my ecu/tcu, and the have exposed ports to plug the laptop into (data and power) instead of just having 2 8 foot long cables rat nested up in the glove box....

I do wonder how hard it would be to wire those ports as full USB data ports and run them to my ecu/tcu, and the have exposed ports to plug the laptop into (data and power) instead of just having 2 8 foot long cables rat nested up in the glove box....
they make plugs you can run the extension cables to that act like a bulkhead. would be clean if done correctly, what are you tuning with?